Zoom Web Cookie Expires After 10 Minutes

Description
I have an app that uses the Zoom Web coupled with an SSO managed by KeyCloak.

My problem is that 10 minutes after a user enters a meeting through the SSO, his authentication expires and if he reloads the page he gets an error message saying that he is not signed in. This is not the case, because our session on KeyCloak lasts for at least two hours.

This is a big problem for me, because I want to use breakout rooms which require the user to leave his current room and go to another. But he cannot do that, because he looses his login information after 10 minutes.

I’ve done some debugging and it appears that the Zoom Backend writes a cookie called wc_epk in the browser whenever my users login through the SSO. This cookie expires in 10 minutes and is not refreshed afterwards, which would explain my current problem.

Can anyone help me? Is there a way to keep this cookie for longer or to refresh it?

Which Web Client SDK version?
I am using the Zoom Web directly in the Browser.

To Reproduce(If applicable)

1. Open Google Chrome.
  2. Enter a Zoom meeting integrated with an SSO platform.
  3. Open the devtools and make sure that the wc_epk cookie is there.
  4. Wait for ten minutes.
  5. Open the devtools again and see that the wc_epk is no longer there. It has expired.
  6. Reload the page and you will see an error page.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-29 at 14.15.24

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: Google Chrome
1 Like

Same problem here. Have you found any solution?

Another problem of this is when I try to open breakout rooms after 10 minutes. No one can join the rooms because of the expired authentication.

Hey Felipe, I have tested changing the wc_epk cookie expiration in the client-side, so it sent this cookie after the 10 min in the refresh request but it didn’t solve the issue.

I would say that it is a coincidence that the issue happens after 10 min and the expiration for the wc_epk cookie are the same.

However, I’m also experiencing the error sending users to breakout rooms or refreshing the meeting for users that joined 10 min ago using external SSO. I think it is an issue in the zoom backend.

is there any updates ?

Hey @lutticoelho, @felipe.armoni and gabriel.amaral,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Just to make sure that I understand the issue, is this happening when using the Web Client or the Web SDK?

If this happens with the Zoom Web Client (after using the Join From Browser link) then our Support Team should be able to assist you directly.

Thanks,
Max

Hi, this is happening with the Zoom Web Client.

Thanks,
Felipe

Hey @felipe.armoni,

Thanks for confirming, please reach out to our Support Team and they will follow up with you.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.