When holding long Zoom meetings, you are disconnected from Zoom when moving to breakout rooms

When you hold a Zoom meeting that exceeds two hours and move to a breakout room, you will be disconnected from Zoom with an error stating “Your session has expired.”
This seems to be because the expiration (exp) of the signature generated by “ZoomMtg.generateSDKSignature” is set to two hours.

However, if you do not move to a breakout room, it is possible to have a meeting that exceeds two hours.

I have some questions regarding this behavior:

1. Is there a way to remain connected to Zoom even after exceeding two hours in a meeting room?
  2. Is there a way to specify the expiration (exp) in “ZoomMtg.generateSDKSignature”?
  3. Can the default value of the expiration (exp) in “ZoomMtg.generateSDKSignature” be extended to a longer duration?
  4. Can you add a note in the documentation for “ZoomMtg.generateSDKSignature” that the expiration (exp) is set to two hours?

*SDK version is 2.18.2

@fumihiko.yamanaka ,

You might want to take a look at this signature generation endpoint

Instead of generating using ZoomMtg.generateSDKSignature, you can do a HTTP POST to this self-hosted endpoint.

It will allow you to specify a custom expiration

Thank you for your response.
I am already utilizing that method as a workaround.

However, there is no mention anywhere that the exp for ZoomMtg.generateSDKSignature is 2 hours.
I would be grateful if the API documentation for ZoomMtg.generateSDKSignature could include a description stating that the exp is 2 hours and provide a link to this method.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.