Zoom web sdk client view

Hi. It is true that the websdk 2.16.0 (see “enhanced” in changelog) you added for component view during screen share the ability to see gallery view not just speaker view?

And are you planning to include gallery view option for screen share for websdk client view?

This may impact switching from client to component view and I can’t find anything in documentation on gallery view when screen sharing not avail for websdk? Ty

@tommy and team. Are you able to help with an answer? Thanks in advance

Hi just wondering if someone from zoom will pick this up to get an answer or if you need clarity. Is there another channel of communication to get this answer? I’ve checked the documentation to no avail.

Thanks in advance we are not sure component, client view what is functionality or future plans with screenshare and seeing participants in mtg.

Maybe one of my past support team? @MaxM @tommy @donte.zoom

@gdrums,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. Let me look into this and get back to you. Should you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Hi @donte.zoom just wanting to check back on this priority for us. Ty

He @donte.zoom just bumping this up. ty

So @donte.zoom this is from documentation that shows the zoom client view with screen share and gallery view of participants. We are using angler.js 1.4.5 is there any limitation why we aren’t seeing ability for gallery view in our websdk. 3.1.0? we can normally just not with screen share?

@gdrums ,

You will want to enable Sharedarraybuffer, here our support documentation on this topic:

Let me know if this helps!

So we see gallery view when not screen sharing - doesn’t that mean we have sharearraybuffer setup properly? Or would it work when not sharing and not work when sharing - is that possible?

@gdrums , You can verify if it’s enabled with the following:

Sorry for the delay.

Yes all good.
crossOriginIsolated
true
typeof SharedArrayBuffer === ‘function’;
true

I realize I didn’t include the issue is with Custom Live Streaming and we are using Client View. The issue is that what we see on the screen is not what is streamed. In gallery view only the screen is streamed not the participants’ videos.

Is this a known websdk issue and a plan to close gap like you have other live streaming.

Last does component view resolve this live stream issue, it could be a reason for us to switch.

Thanks

@donte.zoom is it possible to get clarity on the custom live stream view since it’s diff than what is seen on screen during screen share, eg can’t see meeting participants gallery view in stream shown

@gdrums ,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Could you please share a sample video or screenshot of what you’re experiencing, along with a snippet of code that shows how you’ve configured the Zoom Meeting SDK client view?

@gdrums,

Thank you for your response. Could you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing versus what you expected?

@gdrums ,
Thanks for the response. After doing some research, it seems Gallery might not be supported. However, have you considered using a virtual camera like Vmix to achieve your goal?

Livestreaming meetings or webinars on a custom site

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064210

Ty. Can you confirm if it’s meant not to stream gallery view or if it’s something in the roadmap or is an existing new feature request. It’s a sought after need to present something and see the group’s reaction to record and stream - neither work from my tests.

On the recording - weird that as host what I see is not what is recorded (it also seems to record speaker view when I’m in gallery view)…then same for live stream.

@gdrums , Just checked and can confirm if your video is on you will see Gallery View in the stream.

Let me know if this helps.

So does this mean we need to do a feature request or can you ask dev team their thoughts on including in roadmap? It would be helpful as we used to work with you at Zoom dev advocates to find out inside story and if on task to include in roadmap. Ty

So does this mean we need to do a feature request or can you ask dev team their thoughts on including in roadmap? It would be helpful as we used to work with you at Zoom dev advocates to find out inside story and if on task to include in roadmap. Ty

As previously mentioned, Gallery View is available when the camera is on. When the camera is off, it defaults to Speaker View. Could you tell me a little more about what you’re looking to do? I want to make sure I’m understanding your needs correctly. There might be something I’ve missed, and I’d love to help figure it out!

Please see the support aticle below for more details about recording layouts:

Recording layouts

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062314

1 Like

Ty Donte. So the last link helped a lot. Clear that for the products cloud recording (and live streaming), Zoom does not have gallery view as an option when screen sharing. Can you ask the dev team if they consider this an important feature and have a plan to include or do we need to advocate for it. We are looking for cloud recording and live custom streaming view to include:

Shared screen with participants next to shared content

This layout captures the screen or window that is being shared with thumbnails of participants’ video appearing next to the shared content in the top-right corner.