Zoom web SDK shows gray screen to attendees when sharing screen

Description
Attendees cannot see a shared screen when joining Zoom meeting from web SDK, It’s not replicated often but many attendees faced this issue

Error
No errors in the console

Which Web Client SDK version?
v1.8.6

To Reproduce(If applicable)
No specific steps to replicate this issue. I have sent meeting info in this email developersupport@zoom.us and the requestId is #11845175 so you can check what exactly was the issue with that meeting. The screenshot I attached was from same meeeting

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: [Chrome]
  • Browser Version [Version 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Additional context
Please don’t ask me to upgrade the web SDK without analyzing the issue. I am already facing issues with the latest version. I have written all those issues here Gallery View in Zoom web SDK and am still waiting for a reliable solution but meanwhile, I would like to know what is causing the above issue and how do I fix it?

Hey @acceluser8866,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Did this only happen for one meeting or is this happening consistently? Does sharing the desktop versus the window make a difference?

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM we had a report of this issue in only one meeting, I am not sure if the speaker was sharing desktop or window but it should work in either of the cases. I am not able to replicate the same when I am sharing the screen but it was faced by few other speakers and I was seeing a gray screen when joining a meeting from web SDK. Can you please let me know what can cause this issue? and how do we prevent it from happening in the future?

Hey @acceluser8866,

Without steps to reproduce the issue, it’s difficult to say what the cause is. I haven’t seen this behavior reported or in testing so far so I expect there are other factors contributing.

I see that you’ve submitted a ticket for this so I’ll follow up with you there.

Thanks,
Max