Zoom webhook payloads incomplete

Description
We rely on several webhooks to provide near-real-time status updates on meetings and meeting participants. As of a couple days ago, the webhook payloads we are receiving don’t contain valid data for all fields. An example payload is as follows:

{"payload":{"meeting":{"duration":0,"start_time":"","timezone":null,"end_time":"","topic":null,"id":0,"uuid":"ouw24ZJNSh6Qw8a7nSXMWA==","host_id":null,"participant":{"user_id":"","user_name":"John Smith","join_time":"2020-02-04T02:20:50Z"}}},"event":"participant_joined"}

Notice that almost all fields are null or empty, with the exception of the meeting uuid, uer_name, and join_time.

There was a recent update on Feb 2, but the release notes only say “Minor bug fixes”. Was something changed that we need to adjust for?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Our app is webhook-only. We’ve only seen the issue thus far with webhook payloads for events including: meeting started, participant joined, participant left, and meeting ended.

Hey @SpeakingPartner_Teac,

This does look strange, we will look into this and get back to you.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy, thanks for the quick reply. I took a look at my Zoom app setup just after submitting this post and noticed that the status was “draft”. I’m fairly sure that it wasn’t like that before, and we didn’t change its status. The reason it was in a draft status was due to a few pieces of profile info missing (company name, email, etc.). Once I entered that info and hit save, the app was set to an online status. My testing isn’t yet conclusive, but at least in a few cases that I’ve been able to inspect, the payload now appears to be correct and complete. Could this have been the problem? Seems that if the app was in a draft status then NO webhook request should have been set. (Although, getting forced into a draft state is a problem in and of itself.) Again, I’m not yet 100% certain if this was the cause or if things are fully functional again, but I thought I’d pass this on as it seems related.

Hey @SpeakingPartner_Teac,

That could be the case. Please let us know if you see the issue again after your app being set to the online status .

Thanks,
Tommy