Webhook Payload Parsing Challenge

I’m currently working on integrating Zoom’s API with my application, and I’ve encountered a peculiar issue with parsing the webhook payloads. Despite following the documentation thoroughly, I seem to be facing difficulties in extracting specific data from the webhook payloads.

Here’s a simplified version of the problem:

I’ve successfully set up the webhook endpoint to receive Zoom meeting events. However, when I try to parse the payload to extract details such as participant names, join/leave timestamps, and meeting IDs, I’m encountering unexpected results. The payload structure seems a bit complex, and I’m struggling to navigate through it effectively.

If anyone has successfully implemented a similar integration or has expertise in parsing Zoom webhook payloads, could you please share some insights or code snippets on how to accurately extract the required information? Additionally, any best practices or common pitfalls to avoid in webhook payload parsing would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s a snippet of the webhook payload structure I’m dealing with (sample structure, not actual):
{
“event”: “meeting.participant_joined”,
“payload”: {
“meeting_id”: “123456789”,
“participants”: [
{
“id”: “participant_1”,
“name”: “John Doe”,
“join_time”: “2024-01-17T12:00:00Z”
},
{
“id”: “participant_2”,
“name”: “Jane Smith”,
“join_time”: “2024-01-17T12:05:00Z”
}
// … additional participant entries
]
}
}

If anyone has faced a similar challenge or has expertise in dealing with Zoom webhook payloads, your guidance would be invaluable. Thanks!