ZoomUIService.showMiniMeetingWindow returns false and does nothing

I was excited to see that the most recent release of the Android SDK (v5.5.1.1319) includes a function called showMiniMeetingWindow. However I’m not having any luck getting it to work.

The documentation doesn’t give many details on what it is meant to do, but simply says “Show minimized meeting window”. My interpretation of that is that I can call it during a call when the video view is showing and it will minimize the call, the same as tapping “minimize call” in the user interface. Please correct me if that interpretation is wrong.

Every time I call it, I receive a return value of false and there is no visible change to the user interface.

The documentation describes the return value as follows: “true if show successfully”. I don’t know what that means.

I have tried this both with a custom UI enabled and with the standard UI, and that makes no difference.

I am testing in Android API 28 on the emulator.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi @eddie.sullivan, thanks for using our SDK.

Your interpretation of this feature is correct. This should function in the same manner as the minimize button found in the default UI. I have been able to reproduce this issue and will let you know as soon as we have any updates.

The documentation describes the return value as follows: “true if show successfully”. I don’t know what that means.

Apologies if this isn’t clear. It means that the method will return true if the operation was successful and the meeting is being minimized.

I have tried this both with a custom UI enabled and with the standard UI, and that makes no difference.

Just to be clear, this feature is only intended for use with the default UI. You could implement similar functionality in a custom UI, but it would not be possible for the SDK to manage the appearance of the UI defined by your app.

Thanks!

Thanks for your quick reply. I will look forward to hearing any updates you have.
-Eddie

Always happy to help!

In the meantime, please feel free to reach out in a new thread with any other questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.