Unique meeting ID conditions

Hi,

I’m working on an application which requires to create multiple Zoom meeting links, for different people. Currently when I create the zoom links using the API, some of the IDs generated are the same, so a person could have two different events in two different days with the same ID and that could generate problems. Is there a condition for zoom to guaranty generation of always a different ID? Like a different topic, or start_date, etc. I would like for this meetings to be recurring because the people are going to come in and out of the events across multiple days.

Thank you

Hi @marcos,

When you creating the zoom meetings are they recurring meetings with type 3/8 or are you creating the meetings with Scheduled with type 2?

Thanks

Hi @marcos,

Thanks for providing us the info. What you could do is this.

1. After you create your recurring meeting, you can take the occurrence_ID that you get from Retrieve a meeting API
    24%20PM

2. Then you can add the query parameter occurrence_ID to the update meeting API.
    Example
    14%20PM

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any more questions!

Thanks

This is great, how do I add new occurrence to an already existing meeting 3/8.
Do I first patch the recurrence and then update an occurrence, or is there a better way ?

Hi @k.krylov,

To add an additional occurrence to an existing meeting you will need to change either the endtimes or end_date_time property[0].

[0] - https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingupdate

Thanks

I face the same problem but i am using type 2(scheduled meeting)

Hey @cg1,

Please create a new topic and fill out the post template so we have enough information to help.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Michael.

Meeting ID of occurrences are changing. Why ? I want to stay them the same,

Hi @agrochemistry,

If this is in reference to a recurring meeting, each occurrence of a recurring meeting will have its own unique UUID. However, you can identify occurrences in a series by their shared Meeting ID.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,
Will

Hi you have mentioned that a recurring meeting has a shared Meeting ID but also has a unique UUID.
Can we use this UUID to record the attendance of participants to a specific session within the recurring meeting. if so can you help with the documentation or guide me to the specific person who can explain this.

Hi @tsmbabu,

You can get past participants for a specific instance of a recurring meeting by calling this API and specifying the UUID of the past occurrence:

If you need the UUIDs for a given meeting ID, you can first call:

Let me know if it helps!
Will