Meeting not started error

Hi all,
I am new to zoom APIs and web SDK. I cloned a sample web app provided by zoom. https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web

I red a lot about current zoom APIs also. I tried creating new meetings with POST API(https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userId}/meetings). I am successfully able to create meetings. I do this from my server side with our paid account credentials. Here the host is my server and the participant can be anyone to whoever my server sends this meeting id details to.

But when I send the newly created meeting id to clientside for joining participants, they are not able to join. In the client side, I am using ZoomMtg.join() js API.
Participants getting an error with code 3008(Meeting not started).

How can a participant successfully join a meeting created this way?

Hey @vantakusaikumar, welcome to our forum and API!

Can you tell me what you are passing in for the type field?

50%20PM

Two possible solutions for you:

1. Make sure your participants are joining after the start_time field in the request body. If they try to join before it will say Meeting not started

2. You could try setting the join_before_host to true in the request body settings

Let me know if this helps! If you are still getting that error, we can try something else! :slight_smile:

Hi @tommy ,

I would like to ask why I set join_before_host to true in the request body settings.
I am using the web sdk , tried to join the meeting as a attendee but only get the error message " the meeting not started ".

So join_before_host does not work for role 0 in the setting ?

Hi @se7en.quarait

If you’re getting the meeting not started error then please make sure to uncheck Join before host within the Edit meeting screen.

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 11.46.20 PM

Let us know if this works

1 Like

I have uncheck the waiting room and it’s work. But I do not know why

1 Like

Happy to hear it is working now @se7en.quarait!

Update: the waiting room feature is now supported in version 1.7.5 of the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

Is there any way that I can start a meeting without the host using the Ionic SDK?. I checked out the documentation but there is not option to set up the “role” in the joinMeeting method.

Hey @isidorogomez.a,

For Ionic SDK questions, please post them here: #mobile-sdk:ionic

Thanks,
Tommy