Zoom meeting join url allows meeting start

I have integrated an OAuth App for my APIs to schedule zoom meetings and a meeting web SDK to join or host meetings.

Also, if my site users wish to join meetings using zoom app on their computer instead, I have tried to allow it by redirecting the user to the zoom meeting join url. In doing so, if the meeting has not been started, for some reason the meeting automatically starts even before the scheduled time. I’m assuming the normal behavior to be a dialog showing “Meeting not Started” message. And that is indeed the case for web meeting SDK usage. However, while opening the join url with Zoom APP, the meeting is started and user is set as host.

Note: The “Allow join before host” setting for Zoom account in use is turned off.

Hi @solomanraiii

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum!
I am happy to help here!
How are you generating the meeting? If you are doing so via API, can you make sure to pass the field “join_before_host” false to make sure that only the host can start the meeting

Let me know if this helps
Best,
Elisa

Hey @elisa.zoom

Yes I am generating the meetings via API. As per the API reference, the join before host settings seemed to be false by default so I didn’t bother to pass it manually.

But strangely enough, in doing so the problem now has been fixed. Would love to get an insight on that if it’s possible. Thank you.

Hi @solomanraiii

Thanks for confirming this with me.
So I will go ahead and do some testing on my end and will come back to you with an update!
Best,
Elisa

1 Like