Add Meeting Registrant: User not found on this account

with JWT authentication, we are trying to add meeting registrant using the following API end point:
POST /v2/meetings/{meetingId}/registrants
{
“email”:"jdoe@domain.com",
“first_name”:“John”,
“last_name”:“Doe”
}

getting the following error:
{“code”:1010,“message”:“User not found on this account: …”}

also tried with an existing account (with matching email), still getting the same error. do we need create the registrant/user before calling this API end point?

is there another way to launch a meeting, which requires registration, directly without user manual registration?

btw, the webinar registrant api works perfectly fine (/v2/webinars/{webinarId}/registrants).

Thanks,

Hi @jrongs,

Can you double check and see if you have Only signed-in users with specific domains can join meetings enabled?

1 Like

Thanks Michael.

I checked “Only Signed-in users with specified domains can join meetings” setting, it is turned off on our account. what else could cause this error?

Hi @jrongs,

Can you send us your meeting ID so that we can take a closer loook?

Thanks

thanks Michael for looking to this issue. here is one of the meeting id we are testing with: 952544417

Hi @jrongs,

We weren’t able to reproduce the error, can you provide the registrants email that you were using?

hi @michael_p.zoom we are getting the same error for all emails we have tested. here is a sample:

POST /v2/meetings/{meetingId}/registrants
{
“email”:“jdoe@domain.com”,
“first_name”:“John”,
“last_name”:“Doe”
}

Hey @jrongs,

Can you provide the exact emails you were testing, we need them to look at the logs. Feel free to private message them to me.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy.

we are getting the same error doesn’t matter which email we use. can you check on "jdoe@domain.com"?

Hey @jrongs,

I figured out the issue! :slight_smile:

Your user who created the JWT does not match the user who created the meeting (952544417).

With JWT, you can only add registrants to the owner/creator of the JWT app meetings.

With an OAuth App type, you can add registrants to meetings for other users outside your account with their authorization.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like