List Meeting Registrants API returns 0 registrants for meetings which surely have registrants

Description
I started to get 0 (zero) registrants via List Meeting Registrants API while I have actual registrant report correctly from the admin dashboard. Not all meetings but 80% of all meetings. Problem started on Thursday, July 23rd. Now I can’t even get registrant data which I was able to get before Thursday. Token is valid, and I can access some meetings’ registrants.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
/meetings/:meetingId/registrants

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Calling the endpoint in Postman as I always do to tests, total_records = 0. Creating the same meeting report in Admin/Usage Reports/ Meeting section and all registrants are there.

Hey @smozgur,

Make sure you are passing in the correct query params:

If your meeting is a recurring meeting, make sure to pass in an occurrence_id.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, @tommy

Is the occurrence_id equal to Meeting UUID that is generated for each instance of the same meeting?

If not, where can I get the occurrence_id of a meeting?

I actually tested multiple uuid values for the same meeting and it still shows zero.

Thanks for your help.

And also, since that parameter is optional, shouldn’t it still return some registrants for the last occurrence at least?

Sorry for multiple questions but it makes me crazy not being able to locate this meeting property.

Thanks again.

Oh my! I think I found it.

/meetings/:meetingId?show_previous_occurrences=true

Is this the only endpoint that reveals the occurrence_id values?

Can we suggest adding these info on demand (with a parameter like this) to /metrics/meetings endpoint, so we wouldn’t have to make additional calls for each meeting?

Thank you so much, @tommy! Big help.

1 Like

Hello again, @tommy.

To make sure not sending further questions in this topic, I will explain what/how I am doing and then my final problem.

1- First I get the list of meetings in the requested date range:
/metrics/meetings?type=past&from=2020-07-19&to=2020-07-26

• So I have Meeting UUID for each meeting instance for all the meetings in this date range.

2- By using the meetingID, I get the meeting registrants:
meetings/:meetingId/registrants

3- Then I get the participants for each meeting instance.
/metrics/meetings/:meetingUuid/participants?type=past

• I am not using /past_meetings/:meetingUUID/participants, because I need duration value for the participants.

4- And I combine registrants and participants to find out attended registrants. This part is just data processing.

5- Now the problem is, since I realized (thanks to you) that I have to use occurrence_id at #2 for the recurring meetings, I should also get occurrences of the meetings by using the following endpoint for each meeting ID:
/meetings/:meetingId?show_previous_occurrences=true

The question is: How am I supposed to match registrants in an occurerence (#5) with participants (#2)? I don’t have UUID! Where is the occurrence_id and meetingUuid connection?

I thought /meetings/:meetingId?occurrence_id=:occurenceId will return associated meetingUuid but it doesn’t.

I really appreciate your help. If you could give me a hint about this one too, then it will really save my time.

Thank you

Hey @smozgur,

That would be a great feature request. Can you create one here please: Feature Requests

I do see the disconnect here. I am happy to submit a feature request to our engineering team for you, can you share how you’d want this all to work in a perfect world? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

It is pretty easy actually. See the following JSON returned with /meetings/:meetingId?show_previous_occurrences=true ? I pasted only one occurrence record to keep it simple. If we had the meetingUuid which is corresponding to this meeting occurrence then it will be possible to get the registrants for that particular occurrence and also participants by using the meetingUuid from metrics or reports. I know it can’t happen before the occurrence / session but it is already necessary after the meeting - for past meetings.

"occurrences": [
    {
        "occurrence_id": "1595185200000",
        "start_time": "2020-07-19T19:00:00Z",
        "duration": 60,
        "status": "available"
    },
    {

Following solves this issue:

"occurrences": [
    {
        "occurrence_id": "1595185200000",
        "start_time": "2020-07-19T19:00:00Z",
        "duration": 60,
        "status": "available",
        "meetingUuid": "g1njhL0wSKqQc-R8hqFKVQ"
    },

In fact, even adding registrants number into the occurrence array would be a more than great improvement.

About embedding occurrence array in the meeting list

Absolutely! This will reduce the API calls and the time that we pull info. Let’s say we have 100 meetings in a month and we try to retrieve occurrences for each meeting. In my current design, I have to get the list of meetings first (metrics/meetings?type=past&from=2020-07-01&to=2020-07-30&page_size=300) then for each meeting I have to get each meeting data separately (/meetings/:meetingId?show_previous_occurrences=true).

Instead, occurrences array could be embedded into the meeting array in the list of meetings API (again, with corresponding meeting UUID and registrant count). In my scenario above, it saves a lot of time and unnecessary processing of data.

Thanks again. How can I watch this possible improvements?

Hey @smozgur,

I have added these to our backlog. (ZOOM-183303)

I will keep you updated on their development here.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for your efforts, @tommy.

I am not sure that it will help me at this point as I almost gave up on Zoom API after trying to find a solution more than a week and sadly I don’t have additional couple weeks to dedicate on it at the moment, but I am sure it will help other developers when it is implemented. My project has been suspended and likely to be cancelled, but I’d still like to know about the implementation as we might still resume on it.

Thank you.

Hey @smozgur,

Sorry to hear that you are halting building with Zoom. I will keep you updated on the implementation as our engineering team works on it. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Not really halting but suspended, because there is no way to go at this point.

Hope to hear from your engineering team soon, we will likely consider to resume.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Thanks @smozgur, we will let you know about any updates regarding this.

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.