"Access token is expired" for the Zoom setup at Moodle

Description
For adding the Zoom Plugin into the Moodle v3.9, it is required Zoom API Key and API secret. I created the JWT app at Zoom and also the app is activated. Then, I copied the API Key and API secret to the Zoom meeting setup in Moodle. However, it prompted error message even the JWT is activated. I checked that the JWT token is validated.

Error
Connection status: Connection failed: Access token is expired.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

1. Create and activate the JWT
  2. Copy the API Key and secret
  3. Paste the API Key and secret to the Zoom meeting setup at Moodle
  4. Click “Save” button.
  5. Error message prompted.

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @james.wong,

Can you confirm that you have a Business or Educational type Zoom account? I believe this is a prerequisite for this plugin, and may be the reason you’re getting this error.

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

I checked from “Admin” > “Account Management” > “Account Profile”, the “Account Type” is shown Education as image below. Does it prove my Educational type Zoom account?

Thanks,
James

Hey @james.wong,

Thanks for confirming. I think this post might help:

It sounds like you need to be a Zoom Admin, in addition to having the correct account type.

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for your information.

Firstly, my account role has already granted as Admin role (please see the image below), and I used the account to create the JWT. However, the message “Access token is expired” is still here. For the connection, would I need to open any port between Moodle and Zoom integration? Port 80 and 443 are opened.

Thanks,
James

Hey @james.wong,

Thanks for sharing that. Since this is not an official Zoom plugin that our team supports, you might consider also posting on the Moodle Plugin page here, to see if others have run into this issue:

If you haven’t yet, I would also try regenerating your JWT credentials to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for your information and support.

Thanks.
James

No problem, @james.wong. Please let me know what you find, or if there’s anything else we can do from our end for you.

-Will

Hi Will,

FYI. I posted the question on the forum at Moodle plugins. I used the JWT token to pass the authentication to get the Zoom API using the POSTMAN. However, it is still shown the “Access token is expired”. Anyway, it is proved that the JWT token is valid.

At Moodle server, I opened the port 80 and 443 only. Is it enough for the Zoom Plugin?

Hey @james.wong,

From the Zoom side of things, those ports should work. You may want to check on any Moodle specifics with them as well. Have you had your Zoom account administrator also try installing the plugin, to see if they have better luck?

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

I found out the problem. The Moodle Server’s time does not up-to-date. After sync with time machine, the connection immediately works.

Thank you so much for your great support!

Thanks,
James

Hey @james.wong,

Ah, I see! Thanks so much for sharing this—I’m sure others will find this helpful in the future. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.