Accessing data older than six months?

Description
We are in the process of writing an inhouse compliance application with the ability to ingest of our historic chats/im’s. Via the API, we are receiving Response 400 (Error Code 300: Only provide past chat messages in recent 6 months.) which is stated in the Zoom API documentation as a restriction.

As > 6 months is a compliance requirement for many industries I am assuming there is another way to access this data outside the API.

Could someone please advise the best way to get this data?
Thank you

Error
Response 400 (Error Code 300: Only provide past chat messages in recent 6 months.)

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Send a GET request to the API with a start date older than six months.

Additional context
I’m aware this response is stated in the API documentation but am assuming there is another way to access this data if not via the API.

Hi @tzoom,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Currently, we only return data within the last 6 months via API, as you noted. If you need to retrieve messages beyond this, you can retrieve data up to 1 year from the reports available on zoom.us:
Storing and viewing chat message history – Zoom Help Center.

While this is expected behavior for the API, I can appreciate the need to be able to query further beyond 6 months. If you’re so inclined, I recommend posting a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.