Accessing the Video and Audio in real time using a web application

We are currently developing a web application connects to a Zoom call as a host using API’s / SDK’s which needs video and audio recordings from a Zoom meeting.

1. I have come across JWT/Oauth API’s to get the cloud recordings. My question is whether we can do it using the Web SDK API’s?.

2. Is there any way I can get the real time video and audio bits from the meeting using the API’s?. Also, could you please let me know if there is any workaround to perform the same?

Hey @sudarshan.rai,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you wish to embed Zoom on your site or app, you will likely want to use a combination of our APIs (for creating and scheduling live meetings) and our Web SDK (for embedding the Zoom Meeting/video experience on your site/app). Details below on each of these.

API and SDK Overview
We offer both APIs and SDKs for you to consider when planning an integration/implementation in an application. You may find the below information helpful for your web developer.

Here are some APIs that you can consider using within your application:
Create Meetings: To create a meeting (including instant meetings)
List Meetings: To Display the schedule Meetings
Retrieve Meeting: To get a specific meeting

Some additional tips:
Once the meeting is created you can send the “start_url” to the hosts and “join_url” to the participants.
To get a list of past meeting participants, you can use this endpoint.
To display live meetings you can use the meeting started webhook.

To get real-time participant events, please use:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/meeting-events/participant-joined-meeting and
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/meeting-events/participant-left

You can find our webhook meeting events here and a list of all our APIs here.

We also have a Web SDK that you can consider integrating into your website:

Authentication Methods
We have two authentication types:

JSON Web Token (JWT):
JWT is an account-wide app and is available to all the admins and owners of the account. You can have only 1 JWT marketplace app registered in your account. You can generate multiple JWT tokens using the JWT keys, and the tokens operate independently of each other until expired or the credentials have been changed.

A JWT token will contain all the permissions, and there is no way to restrict it. A JWT token is only valid for your account.

To know more, please visit: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/auth/jwt

OAuth 2.0:
You can use an OAuth App if you want to have limited permissions for your token. To set up access credentials and request scopes for your app, create an OAuth app on the Marketplace. Follow the Create an OAuth App guide for a full walkthrough.
OAuth2 endpoints are located at https://zoom.us/oauth/.

Depending on the App type (Account Level or User Managed), the app needs to be authorized by either the account admin or the user. To know more, please visit: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build#understanding-app-types

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for replying!.

I want to join a meeting as a participant using meeting_ID and password using API and record the audio for future processing.

My question is,

1. Is It possible to join a meeting as a participant using WebSDK/
  2. Is it there any way I can record t he audio live?

Thanks,
Sudarshan rai

Hey @sudarshan.rai,

Yes, but it would need to be hosted by a user under your Zoom account.

The best method is to either use our Cloud Recording or to configure a Custom Live Streaming Service

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi!! Thanks for responding!!.

I have downloaded the ‘sample-web-app’ from zoom and joined a meeting.

Now, I am trying to capture audio and video contents from the HTML DOM elements.
I have tried capturing video successfully from the canvas with id “speak-view-video”.
But , I am not able to capture the audio. I have seen couple of “video” tags in the HTML using which I will be trying to capture the audio.
Need help identifying functionalities of these tags.

1. <video class="sharer-client-sharing-canvas-container__source-canvas" id="sharer-client-sharing-canvas">
  2. <video id="sharer-client-sharing-video" playsinline="true" style="display: none;">

Preformatted text

Hey @sudarshan.rai,

Unfortunately, capturing audio and video is not supported by the Web SDK. If you wanted access to raw audio and video data, you can use the Video SDK but this doesn’t provide built-in features like meetings, or cloud recording.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hey Max!,
What do you mean by “this doesn’t provide built-in features like meetings” ?.
It doesn’t allow the user to join an ongoing meeting using the Video SDK?.
If yes, how could I access the raw media output?

Hey @sudarshan.rai,

What I mean is that the Video SDK is a lower-level SDK that mostly just provides the functionality to host a video session but doesn’t interact with Zoom Meetings or the Zoom desktop app.

When it comes to Zoom Meetings, we don’t currently have a method to obtain raw data.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.