Accessing Zoom call stream in real-time

Hey guys,

I want to access the Zoom audio call stream in real-time and use it for providing analytics in real-time.

I looked at this article : Live Streaming to 3rd party platforms — Now “Live” in Zoom Marketplace | by Tim Slagle | Zoom Developer Blog | Medium

So I have two questions:

1. The article mentions that we have to be on the Zoom App Marketplace to use API to stream Zoom in real-time to 3rd party server. Is it possible to use the API without being on the Zoom App Marketplace for building our product?

2. The article also mentions that Zoom calls can only be transferred to a RTMP url. It’s not easy to extract audio data from rtmp url in Python and it adds another layer in the process. Isn’t there an API that can give access to the stream directly in chunks? If not, is this on Zoom’s roadmap for 2021?

Thanks!

Hey @ajay960singh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m happy to help!

Is it possible to use the API without being on the Zoom App Marketplace for building our product?

If you want to create an application without publishing it to the Marketplace, you can either use an OAuth App that is restricted to users on your account or, you can create a JWT App where you use one API Key and Secret across your account. You could then create a web application that didn’t need to be published to the marketplace.

Isn’t there an API that can give access to the stream directly in chunks? If not, is this on Zoom’s roadmap for 2021?

If you need access to the raw video and audio of a meeting, you will want to look into our Fully Customizable SDK.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for the reply @MaxM

Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like there are 2 ways to access zoom audio streams in real-time

1. Use this API to stream zoom to an RTMP server.
    Do we have to be on the Zoom marketplace to use this API? If not, how to get started to use this API?

2. Use Zoom’s customisable SDK.
    We registered to be given access to the SDK two days ago and look forward to Zoom’s response. Meanwhile, It’s mentioned here that the SDK is in Javascript so is getting the audio/video data as simple as calling the SDK in our JS or will this require us to make changes inside Zoom SDK JS scripts?

Hey @ajay960singh,

Thank you for the update.

Use this API to stream zoom to an RTMP server.

When it comes to livestreaming, that will include both the audio and the video. If you have a custom RTMP server where you have logic to access just the audio then that should work.

Do we have to be on the Zoom marketplace to use this API? If not, how to get started to use this API?

You can use a JWT App to call that API without publishing an app to the marketplace. You’ll want to make sure that you’ve configured livestreaming for that meeting first though.

We registered to be given access to the SDK two days ago and look forward to Zoom’s response. Meanwhile, It’s mentioned here that the SDK is in Javascript so is getting the audio/video data as simple as calling the SDK in our JS or will this require us to make changes inside Zoom SDK JS scripts?

The Fully Customizable SDK is separate from the Web SDK. It’s billed based on usage and would need to be implemented separately from the Web SDK.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.