AccessViolationException on VideoRenderElement SetPos

We use C# wrapper over Windows SDK (5.2.41727.0928) in our WinForm Application. We render videos using Customized UI Service.

We are getting AccessViolationException from the video element for participants that disconnected from the meeting due to unexpected issues (i.e. network error) when calling videoRenderElement.SetPos. Such participants look like they are in the meeting, they are on the participants’ list, but they are actually disconnected.

This happens only when the normal video for such users excess 850px in height.

We create container (ICustomizedVideoContainerDotNetWrap) by calling

CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetCustomizedUIMgrWrap().CreateVideoContainer.

Then create video:

var videoRenderElement = container.CreateVideoElement(VideoRenderElementType.VideoRenderElement_NORMAL);

Set the desired position

videoRenderElement.SetPos(rectPosNormal);

Subscribed to a user

videoRenderElement.Subscribe(_userId);
videoRenderElement.Show();

The crash happens (AccessViolationException) when we call with height more than 850, if height less everything is ok.

rectPosNormal.Height = 851;
videoRenderElement.SetPos(rectPosNormal);

Hey @ankocorp.com,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you also seeing the same behavior on the latest version of the windows SDK?

Thanks!
Michael

We updated SDK, and the initial problem with AccessViolationException was resolved, however as we create 3 controls with video to form, with 2 external participant video, this method hangs and loads a single CPU core to 100%.

Condition to reproduce this issue, 2 external video must be resized

videoRenderElement.SetPos(rectPosNormal)

Hey @ankocorp.com,

Hmm I am curious if this may be related to the issue in this thread:

Would you be able to update to the latest version of the SDK and see if this still happens?

Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

I don’t think so. @wclare had problem with render video stream.
We have problem with an unhandled exception.
Infinity loop happens when at least two different participants on the same window equal more than 700-800 vertical or horizontal pixel and the function SetPos called one time. No exceptions. No information.
Looks like SetPos in DuiLib.dll/sdk.dll does not work properly when rectangle setted out of container range. And the only when here’s two or more users.

Hey @asm.jaime,

I see. Thank you! @ankocorp.com let me know what happens after you update.

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon Current version 5.4.54802.124. Already updated. Same problem.
(We work together with @ankocorp.com on the same app).

Hey @asm.jaime,

I see, would you be able to send a demo application over to DeveloperSupport@zoom.us along with your SDK logs so that we can investigate?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon. Problem solved during reproducing problem in the demo. Sorry, it was on our side. (wrong multiple time subscribe/unsibscribe cause many problems).

Hey @asm.jaime,

Oh ok, thank you for letting us know! I am glad the issue is solved now :slight_smile: Let us know if you run into any other issues.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.