Account Level Information

Description
I’m developing an account level zoom app for an integration. We want to display a some account level information: name or account number. Is there a way to get the top owner of the account? From there I’m assuming we could use the users API to get their info.

Also I know that I can get the accountID from the refresh token, but is there a way for me to get account level information with that id?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Hey @iankc,

You can use the roles endpoints to accomplish this:

You can use the accountID to call the account endpoints if you have the respective prerequisites.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Is it guaranteed that there will be a user with the owner role on the account? How would I find the user with highest privileges if not?

Hey @iankc,

Yes, there will always be an account owner.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy, I don’t see any endpoints that return the account name for an account id? https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/accounts/accounts is only for sub accounts if I understand it correctly?

Hey @asattar.md,

What do you mean by the account name? The name of the company?

Correct, that endpoint is for getting sub account info.

Thanks,
Tommy

I see this information here:

I believe that reflects the company name for Enterprise accounts? Is there any wayt I could get that?

Hey @asattar.md,

Yes, you can use the List Sub Accounts API to get the name:

Or the Get a User endpoint to get the Company Name:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy!

So I have been trying to solve this as well for non master/subaccount accounts. We’d like to be able to get the account name. You mentioned the /v2/users/me endpoint which lists that it should return the company name. I do see that in the API listing here:

However when I pull that information for our different accounts, the “company” property is not in the json response. Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Skyler

Hey @smurray,

Thank you for providing additional information. While the Company property is available for users, it is an optional field. This means that if the user’s Company property does not have a value, it won’t be returned. You can verify if a user has this field populated by navigating to their Zoom web portal.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks @MaxM,

So what you are saying is that @Tommy’s suggestion above doesn’t actually work to get the Account name it was purely to get a user populated field?

Is there a feature request out there now to be able to get the Account Name through the API? If not then I would like to start that. The API doesn’t seem to offer any way to get this information for the majority of accounts which are not sub-accounts. Even if you are a master account the API doesn’t allow you to get your own account information it seems.

It would be nice if the API existed like /v2/accounts/me which returned your own account information. Is this on the API roadmap or coming soon? This would be really nice to have to be able to show users of your app which account they connected by name. Currently the best option is to display the person’s name/email who connected the account to your app (OAuth).

Thanks,
Skyler

Hey @smurray,

Thank you for your questions.

Is there a feature request out there now to be able to get the Account Name through the API? If not then I would like to start that.

There isn’t an API to pull this kind of information for an account that is not a Sub-Account. As I understand this is a feature you would like to see added, I recommend posting to the Feature Requests category which will allow our developers to consider it for a future release. This is definitely a feature that would be valuable to have.

It would be nice if the API existed like /v2/accounts/me which returned your own account information. Is this on the API roadmap or coming soon?

I wasn’t able to find any information regarding this being on the roadmap. I also wasn’t able to find an alternative API that would fir your use case.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max