action="custCreate"

Description
I am creating a user through API and using action=“custCreate”. If i use legit e-mail it’s successful.
But for the sake of the privacy, I hashed user’s e-mail using SHA3-256, and thried creating user in Zoom and got error below:

So my question is, Zoom API validates e-mail?
Hashed email : af5fe658c92dfbce8b37a0e27edcd701faa4e62873c01da7e21d9226b5f5dde7

Error
400 : [{“code”:300,“message”:“Validation Failed.”,“errors”:[{“field”:“user_info.email”,“message”:“Invalid field.”}]}]

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @Roy.D,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. That is correct, the API validates emails of new users so that it can send them email correspondence such as invitations and meeting notifications. As long as you are using security best practices such as HTTPS when making/receiving requests, there shouldn’t be any concerns when it comes to data privacy or transmitting PII.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.