Add a different "display name" to the meeting start-url

Our Zoom license are usually shared so the display name is generic “Zoom Host 1”.

We are generating the start meeting link using the API but would like to know if we can add a parameter that would allow us to set the display name in the meeting to the actual user’s name?

I have tried adding &dn and &un parameters but these do not work. Is there a way to do this other than changing the name on the license each time?

Thanks

Chris

Hi @chris.daniel,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good question.

To clarify, we don’t support altering the start_url returned by the Create Meeting API. However, if you wish to pass certain information through the join_url, you can do this by using registration and having participants register ahead of time.

However, there’s not a programmatic way to handle this for the host display name—this will need to be updated manually.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks for the quick reply Will.

Not what I was hoping or why you would block this functionality. I guess we could “brute force” it by changing the license name before each use of the start_url.

1 Like

Hi @chris.daniel,

I appreciate the feedback, and can definitely understand the desire to be able to programmatically control the host display name via the start_url.

If you’re so inclined, I might suggest submitting a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.