How to preset the user name when creating the meeting and start the meeting with preset name

Description
Hi,

We need to share the a few hosts among many users on the platform, is there a way programmatically to preset the user name and create an unique meeting startUrl under the preset user name?

I see some discussions in the following thread, however we don’t see how registration could help with startUrl case in the api document.
https://devforum.zoom.us/t/is-custcreate-required-for-this-use-case-how-would-i-accomplish-this-use-case/

Thanks,

Hi @jing.chen,

Happy to help!

To that end, I should clarify that you can programmatically do this by registering a user for a Zoom meeting using this endpoint (after you’ve created the meeting):

This returns the join_url in the api response:

…which can then be used to have the user start (if they’re a host) or join (if they’re just a participant) the meeting. So long as the host is signed into the zoom client already, a they can start a meeting with the join_url. (I think this may have been where the confusion was, but let me know if that’s not the case!)

Does this help to clarify?

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.