Add a new custom meeting option on the zoom meeting scheduler

Does Zoom give the option to add additional custom settings to the default meeting scheduler options? I need to read this as a param for my marketplace application.

Attached the screenshot on where I need this setting.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Hey @hebinnellickal, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

What is the checkbox you want to add? Let me know and I help with a solution!

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Thanks for that quick response. We are evaluating a potential new app for the marketplace which would need a dynamic input from the user while scheduling any Zoom meeting. Our plan is to add a custom meeting option (a checkbox) and then read this param via API. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks @hebinnellickal,

Do you mind sharing what the meeting option is? What does the checkbox do?

-Tommy

Hi @tommy , I am sorry that I don’t have permission to share application specific information on this public forum. This new product is still under the scope of the evaluation.

What we need to know is, if zoom provides a capability of defining global custom settings (true/false) and modify this setting based on this meeting option checkbox value. Later we will read this value using Zoom API.

Your thoughts on this is greatly appreciated!

Hey @hebinnellickal,

Unfortunately Zoom does not provide the capability of defining custom settings.

Would this custom setting change Zoom functionality?

If you just want to set and read data separate from Zoom, I would encourage using a database to set and read that setting on your end.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks so much for your response @tommy. This custom settings wont change any zoom out of the box functionality. I can try defining it using a database, but can I set this value via a custom checkbox on Zoom meeting options?

Hey @hebinnellickal, happy to help :slight_smile:

You cannot set this value via a custom checkbox on Zoom meeting options. I would suggest creating the meeting > then storing the custom setting/value in a database with the meetingID or meetingUUID of the meeting you just created.

If you wanted, you could create a custom create meeting dashboard that looks like the Zoom create meeting dashboard using our API’s and add the checkbox yourself (handling the checkbox logic on your end).

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks so much @tommy for your help. That answers my question. Looks like it might get as a limitation to our project scope as zoom doesn’t give flexibility to add a custom checkbox to the default meeting option.

1 Like

You are welcome @hebinnellickal,

A clever way to do this could be to add some sort of value in the “Description” (or “agenda” if using API) and read the value in your app. That way you don’t have to create a database.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Excellent. Thanks for suggesting that workaround. That helps!

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy