Add a registrant webinar without last_name return 400 bad request

Description
I’m trying to add a registrant using API. It works just fine until I set the last_name to null or to only space string. On the documentation page, the Add a webinar registrant API the last_name parameter is not required, only first_name and email are required. On the other hand, the Perform Batch Registrant API is working as expected when I set the last_name to null.

Error
{
“code”: 300,
“message”: “The parameter is required: last_name.”
}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /webinars/{webinarId}/registrants

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Make a request API Add a webinar registrant. And set the value of the last_name parameter to null
  2. The API will return 400 bad request response codes. The response body message said, “The parameter is required: last_name.”
1 Like

Hi @mawan-fairtech

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum!
You are right, on the docs page the Add webinar registrant API , the last_name parameter is not required.
I have tried to replicate the behavior you are seeing and I am not getting any error on my side.

I am passing only the email and first_name in the request body and I am getting a status 201 and getting a response body. I also tried passing last_name as null or as an empty string and again, I am not getting any errors.

Can you please confirm with me if you are still seeing this errors?
Thanks
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom, thanks for your response. I’m still able to reproduce the errors. Do you use this endpoint below?
POST /webinars/{webinarId}/registrants

Hi @mawan-fairtech

Thank you for sharing those screenshots with me. It is very strange cause I am using the same endpoint and I do not get any errors. I can pass the last_name as null or just don’t pass it and the registration is successful.

Could you please try creating a new webinar and try with a brand new WebinarID.

Thanks so much
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom

Thanks for the response. Yeah, it’s very strange. I’ve tried to create a new webinar and the result is still the same. I might be using the batch registration endpoint to solve this issue at my end.

Hi @mawan-fairtech

Let me know if you can make it work with batch registration. If anything you can send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with the link of this thread and your accountId or email, so I can debug further.

Thanks
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.