Add interpretation feature on Linux client and web

Like pointing on this post, Multiple incoming and outgoing languages for interpreters , interpretation lacks features to be used as a permanent solution in Zoom.

I was wondering why it wasn’t available on Linux desktop and web client and if it was considered to be available on this platform, so as to provide the same experience regarding the OS used.

Have a nice day,
Florian

3 Likes

Second vote to add Interpretation feature to the Linux Zoom app. This has now become a business requirement for me, and not being able to use my primary desktop (Linux) is very cumbersome. BTW, the Zoom Linux App is great minus this one missing feature, miles beyond any of your competitors.

1 Like

Definitely, yes! On the client level at least, this feature is missing from the Linux app. Otherwise, Zoom is most probably the best and a very reliable teleconferencing platform.

Please make my day ! (my month :grinning:) Implement the interpretation for the Linux client. We need it badly for +/- 50 of our users working in bi-lingual meetings. They all work with a Linux desktop PC and need to have their android tablet next to their Linux PC, it’s impractical and they do not like it :roll_eyes:

Great news ! Since Linux version Version : 5.6.6 (20278.0524), interpretation is available in Linux (you must of course activate the option in the meeting definition via the Zoom web interface). Result on a Debian desktop :

Best news ever, thank you @VincentDeBelgique for pointing this out, since its not yet documented, and its not in the changelog.