Adding a window in zoom client

I checked the LinkedIn Sales Navigator marketplace application.

This application launches a new window from in the zoom client (the linkedIn navigation window) and also adds a button (linkedIn button in participants lists).

How can we do that? Is there a way to enhance the UI of the zoom client with a toolbar of our own? Can we add extra icons in the meeting toolbar?

With the SDKs you can do exactly that. The REST API us for Pre/Post meeting while the SDK is for the in-meeting experience.

Hey Tim.
Thanks for the reply .

Correct me if I’m wrong , but SDKs are for embedding Zoom to your app right? Can they be used to modify the zoom client itself?

@TimZoom any updates on this?

Hi @chthomos,

Yes, the SDKs are for embedding Zoom and its features into your own app.
The SDK will allow you to modify Zoom features and how the client works within your app, here is a link to one of our SDK references - https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/sdk-reference/android-reference.

Thanks

Hello @michael_p.zoom,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this does not answer my original question.

So, is there a way to modify the Zoom client UI, just like the LinkedIn app? (launch a new window from the zoom client and add a button to participants lists, or enhance the UI of the zoom client with a toolbar of our own?)

@michael_p.zoom @TimZoom

“So, is there a way to modify the Zoom client UI, just like the LinkedIn app? (launch a new window from the zoom client and add a button to participants lists, or enhance the UI of the zoom client with a toolbar of our own?)”

Any updates on this?

Thanks in advance

You won’t be able to edit the Zoom client directly, but you can use the SDK to built your own client and then you have a lot of control. For example you can edit the bar to be displayed how/where you want.

@TimZoom So, adding something to the Zoom client, just like LinkedIn did is not a functionality available through the API. What is the procedure for that?

We have a Java SDK that provides pretty robust features. Have to taken a look at that? Right now this is all we offer publicly, but we are working on bringing new features in the near future.