Adding registrant to multiple webinar

Description
Hi, I want to ask you about registering user to multiple webinar. So I’ve been developing some functionalities that my client need, one of them is registering user to an event. In 1 event, there could be 1 or more webinar created, so when user join the event, they will be registered as a webinar registrant automatically. I’ve tried to use your tutorial here:

using the event creator token, but this token (Oauth) can only be used once. I’ve tried to refreshing the token, but I kept getting code 124 invalid-access-token. So I wonder how to solved this issue??

Thank you

Error
code 124 invalid-access-token

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?

Hey @bettymegawati42,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

It sounds like you’re authenticating your requests to the Add Webinar Registrant endpoint, but you’re having an issue using the same OAuth access token for more than one request, is that right? (let me know if I’m misunderstanding!)

If so, I should note that an access_token is active for 1 hour, and you should be able to use it for several requests within that period, before needing to refresh your token.

To confirm, are you able to successfully authenticate any request, or are you getting the “Invalid Access Token” error each time you try to hit this endpoint? Please also double check that your OAuth app has the “webinar:write” scope.

Let me know if I’m understanding correctly and if there are any additional details you can provide—thanks!

Best,
Will

Hi Will,

Thank for replying,

Yes, I’ve tried with refreshing token and using only one token. Actually for Admin user role, I don’t have problem with hitting that endpoint. But as I tried using Participant user role, the problem occur.

In our Participant user role, there are 2 different user token that will be use every time we tried to register the Participant. First, is the Participant’s token to get the email and zoom user info, the second is the Admin’s token who created the webinar to automatically register the participant.

That’s the additional detail that I can give you. Thanks ^^

Best regards,
Betty

Hi @bettymegawati42,

In our Participant user role, there are 2 different user token that will be use every time we tried to register the Participant. First, is the Participant’s token to get the email and zoom user info, the second is the Admin’s token who created the webinar to automatically register the participant.

Can you share an example of the sequence of requests you’re referring to? It should be possible to hit our OAuth endpoint (https://zoom.us/oauth/token) and then use that access_token to authenticate your request to register a participant. If you can share an example of your workflow with the requests themselves, this will be helpful. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

Yes, sure here is the sequence:

1. Refreshing Participant’s access token

2. Getting Participant’s info

3. Refreshing Admin’s access token

4. Getting registration questions: List Registration Question

5. Adding Participant to webinar: Add a Webinar Registrant

Number 4 and 5 might be in loop, depending how many webinar in one event. And number 5 may not
be called if there are questions that user have to answer.
Thanks,

Best regards,
Betty

Hi @bettymegawati42,

Thanks for clarifying. Are you using two separate OAuth apps for this? (For example, an account level app for authenticating some requests and a user-level app for other requests)

I’m wondering if you’re getting the invalid access token error because you’re using the wrong app type. You should be able to authenticate requests to each of these endpoints using a user-level oauth app. It shouldn’t be necessary to refresh multiple tokens if you’re using just 1 oauth app, but let me know if I’m misunderstanding.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

No, I’m using 1 OAuth apps for this (user-level app only).

Thanks,

Best regards,
Betty

Hey @bettymegawati42,

Thank you for the update. I think what’s happening here is that the APIs you are attempting to call require an account-level application. This is because both the List Registration Question
and Add a Webinar Registrant endpoints require webinar:read:admin and webinar:write:admin scopes which are only available in account-level apps.

Please try this same flow using an account-level app, with those scopes, to see if that resolves your issue.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,

I don’t think it require account level app, because I used it in other scenario too. In Admin dashboard I actually use it to register a webinar registrant via admin and it works. The problem occur in our Participant role, which is automatically register the Participant to webinar, which is should be possible. Have you tried the API sequence that I gave? If yes, is there something wrong with it and which sequence that I should revise? or is there a problem with using 2 token at one time??

Thank you

Best regards,
Betty

Hi @bettymegawati42,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry to hear that you’re still having trouble with this. I’ve just DM’d you to set up some time to go over this 1:1 so that we can help get you squared away!

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.