About Zoom Meeting API(Add a webinar registrant)

API to a webinar I created,
I would like to allow users who do not belong to my account to register for a webinar, but I am getting an error message.
By the way, the application that uses the API is available on marketplace .
(App Marketplace)

Error
If I use my account, the application will be registered,
However, for users who do not belong to my account
HTTP Status Code" is 404 (Error Code is 3001).

What I want to do
I would like to set up a registration form on our site that is equivalent to the registration form (registration link) that is provided when registering for a webinar.

Hi @huf_marketing_info
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
You can actually Register participants to a meeting using the following endpoint:
https://developers.zoom.us/docs/api/rest/reference/zoom-api/methods/#operation/webinarRegistrantCreate

Hi Elisa

Thank you for your reply.

I am using the endpoint you referred me to, but I am getting an error when doing so.

Error
If I use my account, the application will be registered,
However, for users who do not belong to my account
HTTP Status Code" is 404 (Error Code is 3001).

Prerequisites
Create an app that uses the “Add a webinar registrant” endpoint.
This app is available in the marketplace.

For webinars created by me,

1. If you are logged in with my account, you can register as a participant in the webinar using the app.
  2. If I am logged in with an account other than mine, I get an error when using the app and cannot register.

For webinars created with an account other than mine,

1. If you are logged in with my account, an error will occur and you will not be able to register using the app.
  2. If you are logged in with the account you created, you can use the app to register as a participant in the webinar.

The webinars that can be registered using this app are
Can I only register for webinars created with the account I am logged into?

Hi Elisa

I am having trouble getting a reply.
As I mentioned in my last reply, I am using the endpoint you gave me, but I cannot register for any other account.

The scope I am using in the API is “webinar:write”. is it possible that the scope is the reason why I cannot register?

Thank you in advance.

Hey @huf_marketing_info
Sorry for the late reply, I did not get a notification to follow up.

You should be able to register users that are not part of your account with the Add a Registrant endpoint

I am having trouble understanding your workflow.

If you are using an app that is created in your account and NOT published in the Marketplace, external users won’t be able to create webinars using your app or even install the app

Hi Elisa

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the poor explanation.

What I want to do is
I want to “register a user who does not belong to my account under the user’s account”.

Workflow

1. Register for the webinar on zoom.us

2. Users who want to participate in the webinar register using the dedicated registration form on my site.
    *The registration link (e.g. Webinar Registration - Zoom) is not used.
    *What I want to achieve is the same thing as the registration link.

Postscript.
The API to be used is available in the Marketplace.

Thanks for sharing more details with me @huf_marketing_info
As I mentioned, you should be able to add external users to your webinar using the registration link or via API.
I will go ahead and send you a private message so you can share more details with me.
Cheers,
Elisa