All API calls return suddenly very slow

Description

All of a sudden all calls against the API require 20 s (20.000 ms) before the response is returned

Error
Calling endpoint ‘https://api.zoom.us/v2/users’ with GET returns with some Exceptions after t > 20 s
I am dealing with this API for quite some time without any problem. The response time was some millisconds, now all of a sudden it takes more than 20 seconds for the request to return and
it also throws some exceptions:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: ‘A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.70.1.219:8080’

Finally the call is terminated successfully, and the userList that is expected to be returned is correct.
The delay time and the exceptions above is causing the problem.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I am using a JWT based app that is written in C#
I am using RestSharp Simple REST and HTTP API Client and Newonsoft.Json to create and
execute the API calls and handle the responses

Which Endpoint/s?
From my perspective it seems to be a general issue as I notice this behaviour with all endpoints
I do currently use: webinars / meetings / users

Hey @christoph.oeckl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. So far, I haven’t seen the same behavior with the API which leads me to believe the issue is local to your network or your ISP.

1. Have you had a chance to test calling the API on another network?

2. Have you made any changes to your local network such as adding a firewall or VPN?

Thanks,
Max

Dear Max,

thank you for your quick reply.
We found the issue tonight: There is a total overload on one of our internal proxies that has caused the issue. So the problem was definitely on our side.
If you don’t mind, you may close the ticket and consider it as “Fixed”

Kind regards

Christoph

1 Like

Dear Max,

Thank you for your quick reply,

We found the issue tonight: There is a total overload on one of our internal proxies that has caused the issue.

So the problem was definitely on our side. If you don’t mind, you may close the ticket and consider it as “Fixed”

Kind regards

Christoph

image77c4fe.JPG

1 Like

Hey @christoph.oeckl,

Thank you for keeping me updated. I’m glad to hear that your team found the root cause of the issue!

I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max