Allow Gallery View Grid for less than 6 people

When sharing screen, it would be of great benefit if the Gallery View grid were available for less than 6 people.

By not allowing the Gallery View Grid for more than 6 people I cannot resize the participants screen on the 2nd screen. This means that I am only able to see 4 people meaning nos. 5 & 6 cannot be seen.

I also cannot resize to make their images clearer and see what they are doing to participate in the meeting.

Could this be considered please.

Thank you.

4 Likes

I completely agree! Being able to expand the videos of fellow participants on a separate monitor so that it fills the whole monitor is important to me. It is part of what brings that personal interaction feel to zoom meetings, but it needs to still work when there are less than 6 people. As it is, the column view always cuts off one person when there are 5 people in the meeting, and I can’t resize it to fill the whole screen. I don’t think there should be a minimum for the grid view; I’d probably use it in a one-on-one meeting as well.

1 Like

Totally agree. It is a weird limitation that makes the product worse.

COMPLETELY agree. I am an instructor and I use dual monitors to teach. I sometimes need to talk to only 3 or 4 students in the zoom call and it is frustrating having only a tiny view of their faces. Why can’t I expand with few people???