Allow join before host when end-to-end encryption (E2EE) is enabled

Customer support directed me here. I wish enabling end-to-end encryption (E2EE) for meetings did not disable join before host. This has become a problem for several organizations I work with. I hope resolving this feature incompatibility with E2EE is top priority at Zoom.

E2EE provides enhanced safety with secure connections. Disabling join before host results in either having attendees confused and unable to join meetings or sharing host credentials with several attendees to mitigate situations when the meeting scheduler is unable to join right at the beginning of the meeting. Having to choose between these options is beyond inconvenient, it creates real risk, especially for small, distributed nonprofits engaged in work defending human rights, who need the extra protection E2EE provides the most.

Enabling this setting also disables the following features:

• Join before host

Do I have access to all the features of a regular Zoom meeting?
Not right now. Enabling this version of Zoom’s E2EE in your meetings disables certain features, including join before host, cloud recording, streaming, live transcription, Breakout Rooms, polling, 1:1 private chat*, and meeting reactions*.

End-to-end (E2EE) encryption for meetings — Zoom Help Center

These GitHub issues indicate the difficulty here, but I hope it’s not insurmountable.