'Already has other meetings in progress error' when hosting concurrent meetings in Zoom

Description
Attendees are unable to join meetings from Zoom web SDK when hosts have scheduled concurrent meetings, It works fine when users directly join from a browser or using Zoom desktop application.

Error
errorCode: 1
errorMessage: undefined
method: “join”
result: “Already has other meetings in progress.”

Which Client Web SDK version?

To Reproduce

1. Create concurrent meetings
  2. Try to join the meetings from web SDK and Zoom desktop app (The behavior is not consistent across both. It works when user join from Zoom app and not from web SDK)

I have sent meetingId to developersupport@zoom.us, the requestId is 10249650. Can you check if something wrong with the meeting and other info related to the account and share the cause of this issue?

Screenshots

download (2)

Additional context
The account used to create meetings was a PRO account, I am unsure if that account have multiple licenses but they were able to start all the meetings at a same time and user’s were able to join same using a browser so even if the account does not have licenses there should be consistency and behavior should be same with web SDK.

1 Like

Hi @acceluser8866,

The latest version of the SDK is now 1.9.0, please can you try upgrading from 1.8.5 and see if the issue persists? There have been multiple bug fixes since your version of the SDK.

Thanks,
Alex

@alexmayo Do you find in changelog that there was some similar issue and it has been fixed? If yes can you share that specific link or screenshot? I am not sure if upgrading the SDK will help but if you are sure that it will resolve then we can try to upgrade. Zoom has a lot of issues with CSS which we have managed on our end so upgrading is not a quick task.

1 Like

I don’t believe is is mentioned in the changelog, however the same issue was reported here, and was fixed by upgrading to 1.8.6.

Thanks,
Alex

@alexmayo Thanks, It seems Zoom gives similar error irrespective of the actual cause of failure so we need Zoom support guys to check in detail and share what can cause this and what can we do to prevent this issue.

1 Like

Have you tried upgrading to 1.8.6?

@alexmayo No, The link you posted just show same message in popup but not the error response from the Zoom so I am not sure if the cause are same in both cases and without confirmation from Zoom support it has no meaning to upgrade because it includes lots of works on our end as we customized it as per requirement using css.

1 Like

Hey @acceluser8866,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. First, please try testing with the latest version of the Web SDK. You can test using our Sample Web App to confirm if you see the same issue.

If not, you can look into upgrading to the latest version of the Web SDK.

If you’re seeing the same issue, please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include two of the meeting IDs that you are attempting to start at the same time.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

@MaxM I don’t think upgrading will help, in your changelogs you haven’t wrote anything related to fixing similar issue. I have already sent meetingId in above email while creating this issue (I have also wrote requestId here 'Already has other meetings in progress error' when hosting concurrent meetings in Zoom) and you can easily get all account and meeting info using that id. Can you please check that and let me know the exact issue and why did it fail?

Hey @acceluser8866,

Thank you for clarifying, I didn’t catch that you submitted a ticket for this. We’ll be sure to follow up with you there. (ZOOM-261614)

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hey @acceluser8866,

Thank you for your patience. After working with my team on this, as well as with our engineering team, we have been able to confirm that the best route forward is to test with the latest version of the Web SDK (1.9.1). This is due to a couple of reasons.

First, there are multiple beneficial changes with each update that we release and the changelog isn’t guaranteed to contain every bug fix. Further, in order to engage our engineering team in the event that we do discover a bug, we’ll need to be testing with the latest version to ensure that the bug has not already been resolved.

In order to speed up the testing process, you can always use one of our Sample Apps as a reference or as a testing platform.

Let me know if you have any questions or encounter any issues as you test with 1.9.1. I’m happy to help! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.