Meeting web sdk failing with "Already has other meetings in progress."

Description
Meeting SDK bot is joining meeting but in some meetings we are experiencing this error “Already has other meetings in progress.”.
Bot also gets this popup with text “You are hosting another meeting” and “Do you want to end it and start this new meeting?”.

Our bot joins the meeting as participant only, We have no flow where the bot will join as host.

Browser Console Error

{"method":"join","status":false,"result":null,"errorMessage":"Already has other meetings in progress.","errorCode":3000}

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets

window.ZoomMtg.join({
    signature: signature,
    meetingNumber: meetingNumber,
    userName: botName,
    sdkKey,
    passWord: password,
    success: console.log,
    error: console.error
})

To Reproduce(If applicable)
We are not able to reproduce this issue on our dev environment.
We saw this issue in some of our client’s meetings

Screenshots

Troubleshooting Routes
The troubleshooting attempt types you’ve already exhausted, including testing with the appropriate sample app (found on Zoom · GitHub).

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: Chromium

@bharat.bhadresha ,

please make sure that in the JWT token, role is 0 instead of 1.

@chunsiong.zoom Yes, 0 is static in our code and no where in our flow, we are joining as host.
I can provide some meeting IDs in PM if it helps in debugging this issue.

I think that this is a bug in Meeting SDK where even if the user trying to join the meeting is not the host of the meeting still this popup will appear saying that " You are hosting another meeting" and clicking the “End and Start New Meeting” button also does nothing but refreshed the page.

Instead of the above popup, SDK should show the waiting screen (see below) similar to what we get when trying to join directly from browser.

I tried it once on myself and I had the same behavior

the info text is very misleading - but the function seems ok

on click on “End and Start New Meeting” (should be “retry”)

• the login screen appears and
  • if the host has ended his other meeting → the login of the guest is working
  • if not → the same wrong info text appears again

this wrong info text is SDK exclusive - the web version on zoom.us has not this problem

Hey @bharat.bhadresha @j.schoenemeyer this is definitely an issue we’ve encountered as well. We use the Zoom Web SDK to power our bots, and have run into a ton of different edge cases such as this one.

What we’ve experienced is that the “You are hosting another meeting” error message is misleading, as it appears when the actual host is in another meeting, not the bot. The text should say something like “The host is in another meeting”.

The solution we’ve implemented is to detect this specific edge case, and retry the join request on an interval, as we find that in the vast majority of cases, the host is just running late from their previous meeting and will join within a few minutes.

An alternative is to use Recall.ai which is a hosted API for meeting bots. This means you don’t need to run the infrastructure, and we also handle all the edge-cases such as this one.

Let me know if you have any questions!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.