Alternative_hosts still plagued by semicolon bug?

The alternative_hosts semicolon bug was reported nearly a year ago.

We just encountered this bug in production, is it still not solved?? We checked the documentation and there is no mention of semicolons or the workaround as mentioned by @tommy in the previous topic.

Thanks for your attention to this.

1 Like

Hi @ganan.jeyakumar,

Thank you for raising this with us, and our sincere apologies. I’ve raised this with our Engineering team to revisit this (ZOOM-253306). We will be updating our docs/addressing this bug accordingly.

At this moment, please note that our Create Meeting endpoint will accept , or ;, but the GET meeting endpoint will return ;.

I will be in touch as soon as I have an update on addressing this.

Thanks, and my apologies for the frustrating experience once more!
Will

1 Like

Thanks for the response, we look forward to the followup. Just wanted to clarify a couple of points: we had problems when parsing the alternate_hosts field of response of the meetingcreate endpoint (not the GET meeting endpoint) and furthermore, we tested/used this endpoint extensively and encountered no issues parsing with a comma until later on when we were surprised by the semicolon, so it seems the behavior can change arbitrarily.

Hope that helps!

Hi @ganan.jeyakumar,

Thank you for clarifying. I will be in touch as soon as I have an update on this. (ZOOM-253306)

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.