Android Zoom meeting SDK crash after upgrade to 5.13.1.11014

Upgraded the Zoom Android SDK to 5.13.1.11014 and replaced MeetingActivity with NewMeetingActivity, build is running successfully but while starting the meeting app is crashing.

Used custom activity which extends NewMeetingActivity and used Zoom conference UI in custom activity xml layout

<include
                android:id="@+id/meetingContent"
                layout="@layout/zm_conf_main_screen"
                android:layout_width="match_parent"
                android:layout_height="match_parent" />

Crash log:

3-01-18 00:50:19.652 12980-12980/ E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    Process: com.pulsara.dev.debug, PID: 12980
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{ZoomCustomUIActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: switchViewTo
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3611)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3775)
        at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:85)
        at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:135)
        at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:95)
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2246)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:233)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8010)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:631)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:978)
     Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: switchViewTo
        at com.zipow.videobox.conference.ui.ZmFoldableConfActivity.switchViewTo(ZmFoldableConfActivity.java:104)
        at com.zipow.videobox.conference.ui.ZmFoldableConfActivity.updateUIStatus(ZmFoldableConfActivity.java:37)
        at com.zipow.videobox.conference.ui.ZmFoldableConfActivity.initLiveData(ZmFoldableConfActivity.java:249)
        at com.zipow.videobox.conference.ui.ZmFoldableConfActivity.initData(ZmFoldableConfActivity.java:10)
        at com.zipow.videobox.conference.ui.ZmFoldableConfActivity.onCreate(ZmFoldableConfActivity.java:11)
        at ZoomCustomUIActivity.onCreate(ZoomCustomUIActivity.kt:151)
        at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:8006)
        at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7990)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1329)

Please look into this.

Thanks!

Hi @venkat , thanks for posting question there! Based on the crash log, there is a NullPointerException in your code, can you please check if there is an object being null and still being called with its methods or parameters at:
com.zipow.videobox.conference.ui.ZmFoldableConfActivity.switchViewTo(ZmFoldableConfActivity.java:104)

Thank you!

@qing.peng Thanks for the quick update, the NullPointerException is coming from Zoom SDK class called ZmFoldableConfActivity and this class has the method switchViewTo(ZmConfViewMode var1) which is throwing the actual exception.

This method has related exception code

throw new NullPointerException("switchViewTo");

Thanks!

Hi @venkat , thanks for posting the screenshot of the codes. However, I cannot find the same piece of codes in Zoom Android SDK to 5.13.1.11014, neither can I find switchViewTo method in this version. Can you please check if it is in a different version of SDK? Thanks.

@qing.peng Thanks for verifying, I found that method is there in version 5.13.1.11014. Please refer below screenshot

Hi @venkat ,

Thanks for sharing the info. It seems like you are using @layout/zm_conf_main_screen, we have updated our meeting UI to a new meeting UI in 5.13.0, so please use zm_sdk_new_meeting_layout for regular device, if it is tablet, please use zm_sdk_new_meeting_tablet_layout.

You may refer to the implementation in example2>NewMeetingActivity:

Hope this helps. Thank you!

@carson.zoom Thanks for the update. I have used new layouts for normal and tablet devices but still getting crash and as per crash info this androidx.window.java.layout.WindowInfoTrackerCallbackAdapter class is not found but already added below two dependencies to the project.

androidx.window:window:1.1.0-alpha03 // Existing library

androidx.window:window-java:1.1.0-alpha03 // Newly added for Zoom SDK

Crash info:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroidx/window/java/layout/WindowInfoTrackerCallbackAdapter;
        at com.zipow.videobox.conference.ui.ZmFoldableConfActivity.onCreate(ZmFoldableConfActivity.java:21
        at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:8006)
        at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7990)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1329)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3584)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3775)
        at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:85)
        at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:135)
        at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:95)
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2246)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:233)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8010)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:631)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:978)
     Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "androidx.window.java.layout.WindowInfoTrackerCallbackAdapter" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/~~eMR5bGqPxaQd-GeTfg0KVQ==
        at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:207)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:379)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:312)

Thank you.

@qing.peng @carson.zoom Please let me know if any more info need.

@carson.zoom Any update on this!

Hi @venkat , sorry for the delay.

Can you please confirm you have successfully installed the two dependencies? If they are already installed, I would suggest deleting all the dependencies and reinstalling them. Please let me know if it helps, thank you.

@qing.peng Thanks for the update, I have resolved the dependencies issue and now video calls are connecting but video stream not showing, refer attached screenshot

Anything else I missed here?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.