Android Zoom meeting SDK crash after upgrade to 5.15.5.15204

when I’m joining to meet the app crashing and this is the log E/AndroidRuntime(22986): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): Process: com.sadeem.lightv2.teacher, PID: 22986
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No static method getOrCreate(Landroid/content/Context;)Landroidx/window/layout/WindowInfoTracker; in class Landroidx/window/layout/WindowInfoTracker; or its super classes (declaration of ‘androidx.window.layout.WindowInfoTracker’ appears in /data/app/~~FhUKhwxIUdlk8f0od-gMqA==/com.sadeem.lightv2.teacher-RkNvuOsbo9bVi5rZTELlDw==/base.apk)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at com.zipow.videobox.conference.ui.ZmFoldableConfActivity.onCreate(ZmFoldableConfActivity.java:34)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:8522)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:8486)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1437)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3795)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3960)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:101)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:135)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:95)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2410)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:211)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:300)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8167)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:580)
E/AndroidRuntime(22986): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1028)
any idea to solve it

Hi @ezarstage ,

Which version were you previously running? Did you use the following upgrade guide? Meeting SDK upgrade guide

I encountered the same error (My app crashes when trying to join a conference in v5.14.2.13167).
Did you solve it?

@dmitryukhanov , can you please answer the following?

At the moment android app is working fine on v5.13.10. Regarding following the upgrade guide, it’s been a while and I don’t remember well. However, I checked with example projects that went instead with the new version and couldn’t find much difference. However, those projects ran fine for me.
The only noticeable difference is that I have the native used inside the Flutter app, but I don’t know if that matters in this case.
At the moment I can’t take on this task again soon and go all the way through, checking against the upgrade guide and example projects. But if there is information on how other users were able to deal with the bug, I would be very interested to know

Hi @dmitryukhanov ,

The upgrade guide is not too long and I encourage looking through the suggestions to help isolate your issue.

For context, there were a number of dependencies updated between v5.13.10 and 5.15.5.15204, as well as several breaking change and deprecations:

The biggest change from v5.13.10 onward is the addition of NewMeetingActivity and zm_sdk_new_meeting_layout. The error started appearing with this update and occurs when opening a conference activity.
I still have a branch with an attempt to upgrade to v5.14.2 (GitHub - veselv2010/flutter_zoom_sdk at update_zoom_android_to_v5.14.2).

1 Like

The error starting appearing with which update? 5.15.5.15204?

With version 5.14.0.12917

Hi, @ezarstage @dmitryukhanov , this issue might be due to the incompatible version of androidx.core. Can you please navigate to the project root directory, and run
./gradlew dependencies
then send us build log. Thank you!

1 Like

How do I paste a text file here? If I just copy text here, the character limit gets in the way.

Hi @dmitryukhanov , just reached out to you for you to message me the text file.

Logs shared with @qing.peng , awaiting next steps!

Hello @dmitryukhanov , @ezarstage – we are investigating further (ZSEE-107312, ZSEE-107311). Thanks for your patience!

Posting in case it’s relevant to anyone:

Hi @ezarstage , are you able to provide APK?

Could this be related?

Hi @kaitlynnst it could be related! I’ll respond more in that particular thread. Thanks!

I run into this issue while integrating Zoom Meeting SDK with react-native.

• v5.13.10 always worked fine
  • v5.14.0 crashes after joining meeting
  • I also tried with newest versions of Zoom Meeting SDK - 5.16.2.16555 and react-native - 0.72.6 and I am still getting crashes

I discovered that in Android Studio, when:

• I use Run 'app' - it never crashes
  • However, when I do Build -> Build Bundle(s) / APK(s) -> Build APK(s) and installing .apk on the phone - it always crashes

Any idea why there might be a difference between Run 'app' and Build?

1 Like

Hi @mieszko4 , can you please do a test to set minifyEnabled to be false, and see if the crash still exist? Thanks!