Any plan for linux SDK

Hi,

Is your team planning for LINUX sdk to make a customise client and give our own look and feel. 

We have product and we would like the skin to be same as ours and well integrated into the system. This is a Ubuntu based product. 

Hi Sumit, 

We are looking into a Linux SDK but we have no timetable of the release right now as we are primary focued on Windows & MacOS right now. 

Does Electron not run on *nix ? https://electronjs.org/
Or is it a limitation that Zoom’s Electron SDK does not run on *nix?

@bdeanindy Right now our Electron SDK for Zoom only works for MacOS and Windows.

1 Like

Right on @michael_p.zoom , thanks for clarifying…I “thought” that might be the case, but figured it couldn’t hurt to ask. :smiley:

Hi Zoom-Team,
you do here a great job and we are very interesting to implement zoom in our system so that our customers can use your service. The problem is, that all of our products are linux based. Do you have any updates regarding the timeline when we can expect a linux sdk?

Hi @stefanu84,

Right now we don’t have a timeline for linux. Would you be able to explain your use case using linux so that we can possibly help?

Thanks

Hi @michael_p.zoom,
we need a possibility to implement a zoom client on a linux system. I have seen you have some packages for standard linux systems like debian and also a library for a custom linux distribution (Linux Installation). The problem is that there are too many dependencies. We use a custom linux distribution with wayland as window manager and gstreamer for video processing.

We are looking for Zoom room app to run over linux like it does over windows and MAC.

Thanks

To anyone interested in using the Zoom Client SDK on Linux:

Which option would you prefer? Why?
Zoom Client SDK running:

1. natively on Linux
  2. Chromium on Linux (Electron/Ionic)
  3. other?

Also, any preferences like Linux version, gstreamer, etc.?

1 Like

Preferred to have native so that better control with other apps we want.

Libva hardware decoder / encoder usage on linux

ubuntu 16.4 onwards.

Thanks

Thanks @Sumit_Mittal,

Currently we do not have a timeline on a Zoom Linux SDK. Thanks for the info though, I will pass this on to the team!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, this thread is not very active but just to say that we are also interested in using a Linux SDK similar to the ones that are available on the other platforms.

We would also prefer a native version that uses libva hardware decoder/encoder. Our product currently runs on Fedora/Wayland.

And if there is any beta, we are also interested in helping you testing it.

Thanks.

Hey @Pierre_Fourgeaud,

Thanks for your interest in a Linux SDK. I will pass this to our SDK team.

-Tommy

1 Like

Hi,

We would like to integrate a Linux SDK as well.
I see you already have an electron SDK for Windows and MacOS and considering that you already have a native client for Linux is should not be too hard to add Linux as an electron backend.
But ideally we would like to have a native library (so that we can write bindings in any other language).

Hey @pascal, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

We appreciate your interest in a Linux SDK, and have notified our engineering team. (CS-606) I will keep you updated if we decide to develop this.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi! My use case for a linux distro or SDK would be for a raspberry pi running raspbian. I’m building a meeting room/conference room board that I’d like to be able to perform zoom meetings. I’d be using the SDK through an electron app, and user uthentication doesn’t have to be a priority.

I have tried using the WebSDK. However, it doesn’t support any video streaming over 360p, and more importantly can’t do gallery view. Both of those are important to my use case as the board will generally be used on larger screens where a gallery view would be useful.

So, it would be incredibly helpful to have an electron SDK that could build for Linux/Raspbian. And it’s important that it has the ability to do gallery view.

2 Likes

Hi, Our use case is we try to embed ZOOM Video conference into our hardware solution which running linux/chromium. We tried WebSDK, however, the resolution is too low in a 4k device, and it can’t do gallery view!

Really want to see the release of linux SDK. Please!

1 Like

Workaround: I was able to run a Windows C++ SDK application on Linux using Wine. It wasn’t that hard. Successfully tested joining a meeting and receiving audio and video.

The C# wrapper requires some more work to run with Wine, because the .NET Framework dependency, I couldn’t get that to work with the default configuration.

@tychicus I just found your post after attempting to run my C++ SDK app under wine. I used the fewest lines of code possible to make an app that joins a meeting as a non-logged in user. It nearly works, but it appears to hang while joining the meeting (SDK auth succeeds, but no meeting status updates arrive after the callback indicating that the status is “joining”). I have a few stderr lines from wine about failing to bind to a UDP port, but that’s about it so far.

Did you do anything special on your side to get it to work out of the box with wine? I’m curious what version of wine/sdk/OS you were using for your successful wine prototype.