Any way to get historical poll definitions for recurring meetings?

Description
There are two api’s related to getting polls for historical meetings:

// List past meeings poll results
/past_meetings/{meetingId}/polls

// List meeting polls
/meetings/{meetingId}/polls

The former uses the meeting uuid as meetingId, the latter the numerical id (which was confusing). I’m trying to capture all polls that were asked during a meeting, including responses that were not selected, which are not available via the poll results as they are per-user, rather than per question. However, beacause the numerical id that list meeting polls needs is reused for all instances of the same meeting (e.g. a personal meeting room), this only lists the current poll configuration, not what was at the time of the meeting.

Is there a way to capture the poll questions that correspond to the set of results, or have the past meeting results response enhanced with the details of the questions at the time of the event?

Thanks

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Oauth

Which Endpoint/s?
/past_meetings/{meetingId}/polls
/meetings/{meetingId}/polls

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

1. Create a poll and assign it to a personal room
  2. Have a meeting and ask that poll, getting answers
  3. Change the polls assigned to that meeting after the fact
  4. Locate the meeting via an api (list meetings/recordings/whatever - I used the archive). Query the meeting polls (which uses the numerical id) - that is the new definitions, not the ones that were actually asked.

Hi @david.bennington,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Just to make sure we’re on the same page—the List Past Meeting Poll Results API should returns this information I believe.

Have you tried passing in the UUID for the past instance specifically? I believe this API accepts UUID as well, though it specifies Meeting ID in the URL in the documentation.

Let me know if you have trouble querying by UUID—thanks!
Will

Hi Will, thanks for getting back to me.

That past responses api does accept a uuid lists the responses, but does not include the full question details e.g. poll answers that nobody selected are not available. This is because the response lists all respondents and their answers, with no way to show an answer nobody selected.

The get polls api does not accept a uuid, it returns a 404 with a 3001 code and ‘meeting is not found or has expired’ when I try a uuid. The numerical meeting id does work, but as I mentioned, that returns current info, not point in time of a specific meeing and cannot be relied on for historical information.

Namely, this fails : {{host}}/v2/meetings/{{meetingUuid}}/polls

Hi @david.bennington,

I see what you’re referring to now—thank you for clarifying this, and can definitely appreciate the use case.

I’ve submitted a request to our Engineering team to explore the possibility of either adding the ability to query GET Polls by UUID or to expose the full question details for our Past Meeting’s Poll Results API. (ZOOM-272557)

I will let you know how this progresses!

Thanks,
Will

Will,

I appreciate you submitting the request, thank you! Either change would suit our use case, but extending the past meetings response with the definitions would be nice as it would avoid a second API call!

Is there a way for me to keep track of that issue number?

David

Hi @david.bennington,

This thread will be the best reference—I will let keep you updated here on this!

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.