API 401 error -- "token id is outside of the token tolerance offset"

I’ve been successfully working with the API for a few days now, but just started getting this 401 today:

the token id 2is outside of the token tolerance offset 0. The current id is 0

How can I resolve this?

I’ve noticed that each time I exchange a refresh token for new tokens, the “token id” (in this case 2) increments in the error message, so I have a feeling it may have to do something with that, but I’m not sure what to do to avoid this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Full HTTP Request & Response

(I redacted the bearer token and cookie out of habit, but let me know if providing those would help.)

REQUEST
  GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/me/recordings?from=2018-05-22+17%3A08%3A49+UTC&page_size=300
  HEADERS: {"Content-Type"=>"application/json", "Authorization"=>"Bearer [REDACTED]", "User-Agent"=>"Faraday v0.15.4"}
  BODY:    [NO REQUEST BODY]

RESPONSE
  HEADERS: {"Date"=>"Wed, 22 May 2019 17:08:49 GMT", "Content-Type"=>"application/json;charset=UTF-8", "Transfer-Encoding"=>"chunked", "Connection"=>"keep-alive", "Server"=>"ZOOM", "x-zm-trackingid"=>"WEB_3c9d5e627c0e71eb0793c5bb717b5d30", "Set-Cookie"=>"[REDACTED]"}
  BODY:    {"code":124,"message":"the token id 2is outside of the token tolerance offset 0. The current id is 0"}

What happens if you regenerate the clientID/Secret for the app? Does it resolve this issue?

I am also facing the same issue. Can anyone help with this? What is the solution?

1 Like

@TimZoom Error is the same even after rolling the client secret. The number in the error message increments each time I exchange a refresh token, so I believe it has something to do with the refresh and/or bearer tokens. Any other ideas for me to try?

@drashti.b.patel Are you also getting this error after exchanging a refresh token?

I am escalating to our eng team. I will reach out when I know more.

1 Like

I’m also noticing this error when refreshing OAuth access tokens.

After unpacking the access token on jwt.io, I notice a toleranceId: 2 property, not sure if this has anything to do with the underlying issue:

{
“ver”: “4”,
“clientId”: “…”,
“iss”: “urn:zoom:connect:clientid:…”,
“authenticationId”: “…”,
“env”: [
null
],
“userId”: “…”,
“aud”: “https://oauth.zoom.us”,
“accountId”: “…”,
“nbf”: 1559922892,
“exp”: 1559926492,
“tokenType”: “access_token”,
“iat”: 1559922892,
“jti”: “…”,
"toleranceId": 2
}

Any assistance would be appreciated, this is preventing us from going to production.

@pb_zoom, we are still working with the engineering team to resolve this issue. I will update this thread once the issue is resolved.

Thanks

@TimZoom @ojus.zoom Any updates? Thanks in advance!

@brad Although I do not have an exact timeline, we expect this issue to be resolved soon.

Thanks

1 Like

It is happening when I am trying to refresh token.

Yes, the same way explained here.

@drashti.b.patel we are still working with the engineering team to resolve this issue. I will update this thread once the issue is resolved.

Thanks