API App - Transfer to new developer account - JWT

Description
I have been developing an application under my login for several months and as we move it to production, I may ask to move this to a general team login. With this in mind I have couple/three questions regarding the app named “api_jwt”:

• Does any other account have access to the developed JWT app
    • Is it possible to move an app between accounts?
      a. * What is the minimum account level that is required for this JWT app to continue to work? Is there a account level that is available just for running apps?

Thank you kindly,
Sean Ohlinger

Hey @sohling,

There can be one JWT App per Zoom account. Users on your Zoom account with the “integration”, “marketplace”, and “developer” role can see the JWT app. The JWT app can be used to make API requests to all users on your Zoom account.

Yes

A free Zoom account can have a JWT App.

This is up to you and the rate limits.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you Tommy,

I guess my question regarding the account level was more specifically regarding the “role” of the user account and what level would be needed for the API to continue to function.

Since the API is making calls for reports on Users, Meeting Details, and Participants, I would expect it would need to have full access - admin level. Or is there a way to have a user account that would have access to perform selected API calls (GET)? If so do you have documentation on setting these roles?

Thank you,
Sean Ohlinger

Hey @sohling,

Just so we are on the same page, are you talking about an OAuth App or a JWT app?

https://marketplace.zoom.us/develop/create

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

We are talking about a JWT app (named “api_jwt”).

I did find the following article : https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115001078646-Role-Based-Access-Control which might help. As it stands right now, I do not have the ability to create roles and might need to loop in the account owner.

With role administration in mind, is there a more detailed page that I can see all that is possible in role creation? This way I can goto the Owner with a plan on how to structure the role so the user doesn’t have too much access.

Thanks,
Sean

Hey @sohling,

I see thanks for the clarification! If a user has the “integrations” & “Zoom for developers” role that gives them access to the JWT App which allows them to access any of our APIs.

I think an OAuth app would be better in your case because you can limit the permissions via scopes.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

I appreciate the feedback and probably will stick with the JWT auth for the time being but probably switch the APP to another account.

Sean

1 Like

Happy to help @sohling! :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Tommy