API help needed

Hello everyone!

Surely we have quite a typical situation, but I am somewhat confused about the API descriptions and would like to ask for your help.

I have a simple task — to let in only those of my clients who have paid and have access to the meeting. The system on my side quite successfully copes with the task of determining which of the users can be given access and who can not. I have read the description of the API methods “Create a meeting” and “Add meeting registrant”. Everything is working. However, if I programmatically create a meeting and programmatically add a user to it (who is allowed access to this meeting), then other users (with a link) can still join this meeting, which destroys all our logic.

PS1: I would be grateful if you could tell me what I am missing and what additional API options should be used.

PS2: It would be ideal if the user did not have to register on the ZOOM website to join the meeting.

PS3: The JWT method was used.

Thank you!

@will.zoom Probably you’re the one who saves us?)

Hey @r00t – happy to hear from you about this inquiry.

If using the “add a meeting registrant” API, you should be able to set up the URL with the registration or join information for your paid clients. This will also allow them to join the meeting without registering on the Zoom website.

Alternatively, if you send meeting links with the passcode for the meeting embedded, it will give everyone (paid and unpaid clients) access to the meeting.

Let me know if this helps clarify things for you.

Gianni

Hey @gianni.zoom,

I’ve ended up with:

(for a meeting) and

(for user registration)

This way, each paid user has his own link and only one device is allowed (no bunnies on our train at all). That was the task I needed to resolve: to let only paid users in the meeting AND to prevent them from allowing access for their possible friends (they usually like to share their links).

Thanx!

Hi @r00t – yay! Happy you have a solution that meets your needs :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks for using Zoom.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.