Error in API documentation for POST /meetings/id/registrants

Description
The documentation is wrong. In this page:
/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingregistrantcreate

… there are not Paid account requirements. However, when I execute that API I get:

{
      "code": 200,
      "message": "Only available for paid users: grSTL45BQgOxKKlig-IR6A."
}

Obviously registering participants is a Pro feature, which sucks since I thought I was going to be able to do it when reading the documentation.

Error

{
      "code": 200,
      "message": "Only available for paid users: grSTL45BQgOxKKlig-IR6A."
}

when executing
POST /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
(shown in steps to reproduce, the forum doesn’t let me add another link)

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. On a free account, when building an OAuth application
  2. Run the following:
    curl --location --request POST 'https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/93207074945/registrants' \
    --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
    --header 'Accept: application/json' \
    --header 'Authorization: Bearer XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' \
    --data-raw '{"email":"1593552283186@gmail.com", "first_name":"John 1593552283186", "comments":"1593552283186"}'
  1. That API endpoint doesn’t have the Pro account as a prerequisite.

Follow up question. When someone joins, is there any way to pass some information to identify the attendee? I’m capturing the webhooks and I only get the name they type. I need a way to identify who’s joining besides their name. (using only APIs for free accounts)

Hey @diegoj,

We will update the docs to mention you need a paid account to register users to your meeting. CC @shrijana.g

You can use the Get Past Meeting Participants endpoint which includes the email of the participant if they registered for your meeting or were logged in when joining:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/pastmeetingparticipants

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thank you.
Can you tell me how to add the scope “meeting:read:admin”? When I edit the scopes in the OAuth app I only have meeting:read and meeting:write. Thanks

Hey @diegoj,

You will need to create an Account Level OAuth app.

Thanks,
Tommy