API: meeting registrant confirmation email language

Is there anyway to change the emails language sent to meeting registrants with Zoom API?
For webinars can change, but is there an option to change it in meetings?

In the old api v1 there was a language option at meeting registration, but it has disappeared in v2.
Thanks.

Hey @isyc, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Which API did you see works for the webinars?

And can you share the link to the Meeting API endpoint you are using so we are on the same page?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello, Tommy.
I wanted to mean for webinars in control panel, sorry, not with API. But I need to change emails language to meeting registrants with the API.
For meeting registrants, I use POST /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants, at the doc https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingregistrantcreate

Thanks.

Hey @isyc,

As of now there is no way to change the language via the Create Meeting Registrant API.

However, in the Zoom Web Portal, you can change the language on the emails like so:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, Tommy!

Will the language be added via Create meeting registrant API in the near future?

Hey @isyc, happy to help!

I will talk to the team about adding this to the roadmap!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Any update on this? For multilingual events, the registration API is not very useful since it triggers the emails to the users using the event’s specified language.
The only workaround I found to trigger the proper language on the emails is to ask users to register through zoom’s registration forms (so not using the API at all). Those seem to show in the user’s OS language and use that information when sending confirmation emails.

Thanks

Hey @pvalois,

I have added this as a feature request and will keep you updated on its development. (ZOOM-172456)

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you for the update @tommy. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Happy to help @pvalois! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @pvalois,

This will be fixed in a release this month, stay updated here:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy,

We are exploring the same thing with Zoom Webinars. Do we think we can also get language preferences in Webinars. I see it was added into Zoom Meetings.

Thanks!

Hey @rgoh,

This is a great suggestion, and we’ll be happy to advocate for this for webinars as well. If you’re so inclined, this is also a great post for #feature-requests :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Hi!
When create registrant on webinars via api (POST /v2/webinars/{webinarId}/registrants) the participant receives an email from a template in English. Not in the language set for the webinar. Are there any other settings I missed? The repeated confirmation from the Zoom Web Portal comes in the correct language.
Здравствуйте!
При создании участника вебинара через api зарегистрированный участник получает письмо на английском языке. Не на языке, указанном для вебинара в настройках email. При повторной отправке подтверждения письмо приходит на правильно языке. Какие настройки я упускаю?

Hi @Anton_QT,

In taking a closer look at this, it appears that the language parameters is currently only supported for Meetings, not Webinars as well. I’ve raised this with our team to see if we can add a language field to the Add Webinar Registrants endpoint as well. (ZOOM-251165)

Thanks for raising this, and I will be happy to follow up here with updates. In the meantime, please make sure to set the webinar confirmation email language in the Email Settings in the UI to ensure it’s sent out in the desired language.

Thanks,
Will