API Seems to be giving inconsistent data

I’m pulling all the meetings with the API call /v2/metrics/meetings. I am receiving a lot of meetings without an email populated for the host. I have the same issue when I download the spreadsheet directly from the UI using the Active Hosts report.

How is it possible that the email is not being captured if the host has to authenticate prior to starting the meeting?

Hi @msmythers,

This seems to be an unexpected behavior.

Can you please provide us with some UUIDs for the meetings? If you do not want to post the UUIDs here, can you please email them to us at developersupport@zoom.us?

Thanks,
Ojus

Hi @ojus.zoom

Here are a couple. I’m not getting a user_email or user_name when I call /v2/report/users/user_id/meetings either.

cdXoISbHSiOHxxAzpQKBMg==
rxMv8epkR5Wddykinza3UQ==

@ojus.zoom, it seems like the most accurate way for me to sync all my meetings from the previous day would be to call /report/user/userID/meetings, but that doesn’t seem to be possible since I’m limited to 2000 calls per day and there are almost 9000 users in my organization.

Is there a more efficient way to pull all the meetings without calling metrics/meetings which is limited to 1 call per minute? The data I’m receiving from this call does not seem to match what I find in the Active Users report. An example is Meeting uuid: kORj9k7XQZqgUtiUyQxu+g==
In the Active user report I’m showing 122 participants. In the API call metrics/meetings I’m getting 99. I’m also only showing 5 meetings from this user between the 15th and 19th but in the Active User report I’m able to see 6. I’m not receiving the one from 3/18/2020 9:13 to 3/18/2020 11:01 EST so I’m not sure the uuid I’m missing.

Hey @msmythers,

We are looking into the issue. (ZOOM-147813)

For future reference, the best way to do this would be with our Meeting Webhooks.

We are aware of some issues of inconsistent participant data.

This could be the UTC timing you mentioned before…?

What is the userID you are passing in?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @msmythers,

For you to receive the user_name and user_email, the meeting must be over before you call the endpoints.

According to our design, the host information is retrieved after the meeting ended.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, @tommy

I’m not sure that was the problem since I was seeing this behavior when I submitted the two meeting IDs on March 28th. Those meetings were from March 17th and 18th.

Hey @msmythers,

In that case the issue should be resolved for future API requests.

Please let me know if you continue to see the blank fields.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @msmythers,

We have fixed the data for those two meetings you shared.

Thanks,
Tommy