API seems to be ignoring some of the request body

Description
Hi - I am trying to create meetings using the API endpoint /users/{userId}/meetings

I am sending the following:
{
“START_TIME”: “2020-11-25T14:15:00”,
“PASSWORD”: “m74jKw7r2tP!ss27”,
“AGENDA”: “This is a test meeting generated by the zoom API.”,
“TOPIC”: “Test Meeting”,
“TIMEZONE”: “America/New_York”,
“TYPE”: 2,
“DURATION”: 75
}

It creates the meeting, but it seems to be ignoring all the values I am sending. The meeting time is just the time the request was sent, duration is 1 hour, Topic is “Zoom Meeting”, Description is empty, etc.

any idea why it is is creating the meetings but ignoring the values I am sending?

Error
There is no error - it comes back with a 201 code confirming the creation of the meeting with the default values (not the values I sent)

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
endpoint /users/{userId}/meetings

ok so i discovered that most of the issue here was that the keys in the JSON string were UPPERCASE.

after switching them over to lowercase, they all seem to be working, EXCEPT the topic.

the new JSON string looks like this:
{
“start_time”: “2020-11-25T14:15:00”,
“agenda”: “This is a test meeting generated by the zoom API.”,
“topic”: “My Test Meeting”,
“type”: 2,
“duration”: 75
}

but the meeting that gets scheduled has a topic of “Zoom Meeting”.

Hey @deeb,

Glad you were able to catch that! Yes, the JSON will need to be in lowercase.

In regards to seeing the wrong name returned, can you share the full request/response so I can help debug?

Thanks!
Will

Will thanks for the response. After speaking with my system admin, it turns out that they had enabled a global setting which forces all meeting titles to be “Zoom Meeting”, which is why the meeting name was not reflecting what was sent in the request.

Glad you were able to figure it out, @deeb! :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.