API / SSO Employee Unique ID

My organisation wants to use SSO with pre-provisioned user accounts and maintain via the REST API: full control over timely updates and deletes.

Our email addresses are changeable-- we try not to, but it does happen. Due to this, we’d like to use the Employee Unique ID field for SSO, which we’d set to some unchanging attribute from our systems.

First question:
Is it possible to set the value of a user’s employee unique ID field through the API?

Second question is:
Should a user’s email address change, is it possible to query for that user via the API using whatever field is used to match against the Employee Unique ID field that SSO uses?
While the API call to update a user’s email address looks simple enough, it relies on either knowing the old email address or knowing the user’s Zoom ID in order to target them with said update.

If I don’t have to, then I’d rather not have to store the user’s Zoom ID on our internal systems.

Does anyone have experience in confronting either of these scenarios?

Cheers
Jack

Hey @jack0x539,

Are you referring to a Zoom users userID? Could you share any docs so we are on the same page?

Yes, I would use the UserID to update if the email in your system changes frequently.

Thanks,
Tommy

Morning @tommy

The unique employee ID field is mentioned in the SAML mappings:

If I have to use the UserID then I will work around it – it just means that our internal systems have to record that UserID when we create a user.

Cheers
Jack

Hey @jack0x539,

Here is an article that explains what the Employee Unique ID is:

For additional questions related to SSO, reach out to support.zoom.us, they will be able to better assist.

Thanks,
Tommy

They’re ignored me thus far, but I shall try rephrasing my question to them :wink:
Thanks for trying @tommy !

Hey @jack0x539,

Yeah the wait times are a bit long from the support team right now.

Thanks for your patience,
Tommy