Expose Employee Unique ID in Zoom API

Description
Is there a roadmap to expose Employee Unique ID in the Zoom API?

Error
We have 30k+ users and need to sync AD with Zoom user managament.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
/users

Additional context
We’re doing SAML mapping to employee unique ID in Zoom. Works great when a user changes e-mail address. We also want to be able to unlink accounts when a user leaves our organization. We’re a large university and need to automate this. Exposing employee unique ID in the Zoom API would help us.

1 Like

Hey @pnts-se

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

This would be extremely helpful to our University as well.
Removing users is somewhat of a hassle since we don’t store mail addresses after we close the account for obvious reasons and the value we put into “Employee Unique ID” is the only unique and fully persistant info we send to Zoom.

1 Like

Hi @pnts-se @klas.mattsson,

While you’re correct in that the Employee Unique ID as it’s mapped here is not currently available via API, this is a great suggestion.

I’ll be happy to share this feedback with our team, though I also encourage you to submit this as a feature request here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

I am also in a great need for this. I need to delete individual accounts when someone leaves the company. Once their AD account is deleted we no longer have the username to match against our worker database to check the termination date. I’ve set the SAML mapping to populate the Unique ID but can find no way of actually using that value once it’s set.

Hi @jferguson,

Thanks for sharing this experience—this is valuable feedback, and I’ll be sure to share this with our team.

Best,
Will

feature request created here:

Thanks for submitting this, @pnts-se! :100:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.