Apk Size is Increased after integrate zoom sdk from 20 mb to 90 Mb

Hi Zoom Team,
I integrated your zoom sdk into my application . After integrate apk size is increased from 20 mb to 90 mb . I want to use your sdk but not want too much apk size . please tell me how can I decrease the apk size. I am also sending two library which I used . Please check and reply me asap.

//ZoomSDK
implementation files('libs/commonlib.aar')
implementation files('libs/mobilertc.aar')

Thanks
Akash garg

1 Like

Hi akash,

Thanks for the post. Both of the libraries you are mentioning are required for using Android SDK. The Zoom Android SDK support the following CPU architecture: armeabi-v7a , x86 , arm64-v8a , x86_64 , and by default it will include the supporting files of all. If you would like to reduce the size of the library, you can add abiFilters to only support certain CPU architecture like this:

ndk {
    abiFilters “arm64-v8a”,“XXX”
}

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like

Once again you are life saver. I was having the same issues but your solution works and the bundle size decrease from 83 MB to 37 MB

Hi Carson_chen,

Can you please explain what are the recommended CPU architecture we need to add in abiFilters so that app can work on most of the devices?

Hi urnish,

Glad to hear that! Happy Zooming! :slight_smile:

Hi aniket.yawalkar,

Thanks for the reply. It really depends on what kind of devices that you are targeting, the suggestions could be different for different scenarios. For general scenarios, you may refer to the data mentioned in the following links:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

@carson.zoom I am using the abiFilters as "armeabi-v7a", 'arm64-v8a'. But still, my app size is 87 MB.

Please help me in reducing the app size.

Hi @sa159871,

If you have already added the abiFilters and the app size is not optimized, then you may need to consider other solutions that the following links suggest:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like

how and where i have to add it…

Hi @cerebry,

I’ve responded to another post of yours asking about reducing APK size in a different thread. Let’s keep the discussion in one place so that we don’t miss any important details while working towards a solution. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

1 Like