Zoom Sdk version increased my app size from 11mb to 108 mb

I have just integrated the zoom android sdk with my react native project using updated sdk available .

After integrating, my app size was around 140 mb . After looking into few solutions i tired out the abiFilters with “armeabi-v7a”, “arm64-v8a”. After applying it, the size was reduced to 108 mb. But still i find it a huge one. Can you please help me on any ways to reduce the app size.

I also ran the apk analyzer which showed me about 90% of memory was occupied by the lib files(“armeabi-v7a”, “arm64-v8a”). My target architecture is both “armeabi-v7a” and “arm64-v8a”.

Hi @mostwanted04259, thanks for the post.

Please note that abiFilters are required for all ABIs you will not be using. Depending on the SDK version you are using, the size per ABI will vary, but I am seeing arm64-v8a at about 27MB.

Additionally, you can try setting extractNativeLibs to true in your app’s manifest to potentially further reduce the size of your APK depending on the version of AGP you have in your project.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response @jon.zoom .

Since i required my app to be supported on both armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a architecture i have used them in the abi filters.I am trying to publish my app in play store using app bundle so i think its not necessary to add up extractNativeLibs to true

Please look at the image which i have uploaded below which has the details about the memory occupied by armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a. Requesting you to suggest any way to reduce the size of them

Hi @mostwanted04259,

Unfortunately, abiFilters and that manifest setting are the only options we can provide for reducing the app size with the SDK.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.