App crashes when using the React Native SDK on iOS without video permissions

Description
The app crashes when the user denies the video permissions from the dialog.

The error message shows that the SDK tries to call showCameraPermissionAlert, which I guess tries to display the dialog again.

What would be the best way to deal with this situation in my app?

Errors

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[ZPAlertViewMgr showCameraPermissionAlert]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x28335fe10'

Which React Native Video SDK version?
NPM Package: @zoom1234/react-native-videosdk: 1.1.1
iOS Framework: zoom-video-sdk-iOS-1.1.1

Video SDK Code Snippets
(no special setup)

To Reproduce

1. Fresh app installation
  2. Go to a screen that uses the ZoomVideoSdkProvider
  3. Accept the audio permission dialog
  4. Deny the video permission dialog
  5. Attempt to join a session
  6. See the app crashing

Screenshots
(standard iOS permission dialog)

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPhone XS Max

Additional context
If only video is accepted, but not audio, then the call succeeds. A dialog about missing mic permissions is shown in that case.

Hi @blindgaenger, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We’ll investigate this behavior and let you know as soon as we have an update. I was able to reproduce this in our sample app, so no additional information is needed on your end.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @blindgaenger,

We have identified a fix for this issue and will be including it in the next release. Please let me know if you are still able to reproduce this after the 5.9.0 release becomes available.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom. Thanks, this is great news. I am looking forward to the new release.

No problem! FYI, this will be a fix for the iOS SDK and not the React Native wrapper, so it will be necessary to add the new version of the iOS SDK to the wrapper.

If you run into any additional issues, please don’t hesitate to reach back out in a new topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.