App for creating meetings for other users

I am a developer and I have few organizations clients that contacted me recently with request to develop an app for them that will have a feature were users of the app will “click a button and it will automatically create a zoom meeting between my client (the organization) and the user”.

My question is what is the best way to achieve something like that.

I managed to create meetings through the OAUTH api, but as far as I can see it is only possible for my own account, or for users in my account. There is also the issue of the rate limit of 100/day. Is this limit higher for paid accounts?

Or should I just ask them to create the app in their own account, and give me the client+secret so that I can create the meeting in their behalf?

Hey @hershkoy

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

If I use OATH app and publish it, is the rate limit on the app or on the user who is using the app?
So if I have 2 users each doing 60 create meetings a day, will I reach the rate limit of 100 or not?

Hi @hershkoy,

Good question. To clarify, OAuth would be the supported way to handle this. If you publish an OAuth App on our Marketplace, your end users will be able to install it and authorize you to make requests to create meetings on their behalves.

The rate limit of 100 meetings per day is applied on a user-level, so each user that installs your app would be able to create or update 100 meetings per day. If you had 6 users who were using your service, they’d be able to create/update 600 meetings in total (100 each).

Let me know if this helps to clarify!

Best,
Will

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @will.zoom . Follow up question: Is there a way to increase the rate limit per user? So for example, if the user of the app is for, let’s say, a hospital, that has 30 doctors and each needs to make 5 zoom meetings a day with remote patients, then how would you recommend to do it?

Hi @hershkoy,

Good question—this rate limit on meeting creation/update is applied across all Zoom accounts, regardless of plan or account type, so it’s not possible to adjust this.

However, in your proposed use case:

So for example, if the user of the app is for, let’s say, a hospital, that has 30 doctors and each needs to make 5 zoom meetings a day with remote patients, then how would you recommend to do it?

I would recommend ensuring that these meetings are being scheduled under each individual doctor as a provisioned user, so that each doctor can schedule up to 100 meetings as a single user. I would not recommend using one single host user to create meetings for several different doctors, as this doesn’t allow you to take advantage of the rate limit to the fullest.

Let me know if this is helpful. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.